1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would race be a factor?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Nov 21, 2005.

?
  1. I am a woman and race would not matter

71.4%
  2. I am a man and race would not matter

6.1%
  3. I am a woman and race would matter

10.2%
  4. I am a man and race would matter

12.2%
  5. Opinion not here or not voting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

When did the issue become abortion? The OP said it was about whether or not to KEEP the baby. I took that to mean that all other options were being considered, including adoption. Nothing about the baby would ever make any difference in the case of abortion, it just ain't going to happen. Whether it is best for the child to be raised by parents of the same race or to be raised by parents of a different race is a legitimate socialogical question. One that has been written about, studied, and debated for quite some time. It is not automatically racist to take those findings into consideration. I never even hinted about the strength of those arguments or whether or not I personally find them persuasive.

Yes, and "considered" is the key word. This is not a color blind society and for a parent to say that they do not care what sort of problems may confront their child is just plain selfish and stupid. If you are going to become a parent you should consider everything and plan for it. As I have said before, it is not a deal breaker, but what in the world is wrong with thinking about things that may have an impact on that sweet little baby.

2. patrioticcamerican

It's still a human life.

3. patrioticcamerican

No matter what the race.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I think it would play into it. Like it or not, I'd have a hard time dealing with a daily reminder of a violent crime.
    If the child was a race other than mine, it would only make that fact stand out even more, as the physical features of the child that resembled the father's heritage would be much more obvious to me.

I'd just pray real hard that the pregnancy test was wrong!

I'd certainly not want to be in that situation. Hope nobody ever is.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Slightly tangential, but aren't we all adopted, whatever race, into one family?
    Rape is certainly despicable; so are many other sexual 'sins'. I just looked at the lineage of the Lord Jesus- I see four women mentioned there-
    1.) Tamar-
    2.) Rahab-
    3.) Ruth-
    4.) someone called only 'her'- whose name we don't even know.
    Definitely an interesting foursome- Ya'll might know some of 'em.
    1.) Tamar- pretended to be a harlot and allowed herself to be a 'one-night-stand' as she seduced her father-in-law. Ya'll might remember him- Judah- Chosen by the Lord as the tribe which would bear the Messiah.
    2.) Rahab, the 'innkeeper', with some extra curricular activity as well. Try harlot!
    3.) Ruth, the Moabite- Moab, himself the result of drunken incest by the man most often called 'just' in Scripture. One from another 'race'. Allowed herself to be influenced by her mother-in-law to get into the bed of a fairly well-off good-guy bachelor farmer who decided he would rather marry her than see her embarrased in any way, even though he was innocent fo anything.
    4.) 'her'- what was her name? Can't remember- know she used to be married to Uriah before a trigamist king had him murdered, after he had her forcibly taken and efectively raped. The Lord thought so little of it, that he had the incident named specifically, as one he didn't like.

Hey, nice crowd! Ed

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think the "what will others think" argument is stupid. How often do those who use that argument wave the "be not conformed to this world" banner in regards to music, attire, or television? Seems a bit hypcritical to not apply that measure here.

I'm mixed race, and I can't point to any time in my life when this adversely affected me.

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, the "nice crowd!" comment applies more to the men in this, than the women. And I forgot to mention that that murdering king did marry whatshername. Oh yeah, he had been personally hand-picked to be king, in the first place.
    Ed

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Wow, this is probably the most thought provoking poll i have seen in my short time here.
    I'm a male, and i don't think i would allow race to be a factor for me.