1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would this be posible

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dewey Sturgell, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Dewey Sturgell

Dewey Sturgell New Member

would this be possible

This is to David Lamb , I dont think you have the wrong concept of the question that im asking, It seems that people that read the bible just neglect the fact that God is and always will be the creator of all things on this earth and through his chosing he and the Godhead decide the fate of all people , kindred, and tongue, some people will disagree that God would make us predetermined to heaven or hell,but the bible plainly describes us the believer for eternal glory and the unbeliever for total damnation, So for what God has revealed unto me ,i myself do believe that through God chosing his people they will become what we wants them to be under his good pleasure of our souls, About the question that I have asked not implied is that God being the maker of all things he does have the power to withdrawl himself from us if we become disobedient not withstanding that he chose us in him before the world was . So my understanding is that God will make his people a willing people, So as time goes on down here on his creation we see that the world being so full of sin and we being partakers of it we where made unto vanity which some of the children of God have fallen into the bounds of it and forgot that they were purged of thier sin, so i ask the question because God lets them roam in forgetfullness and refrains his power of control, are they created to walk this way of life or is it because God has left them to thier own efflection,weather it is or isnt I have become so drawn up into the total power that my Father in heaven has that maybe I leave the creature out of alot things because we are just going through the plan of God and this is part of the effect. May the peace of God be felt in us all, glory unto his son Jesus Christ amen.

2. mmetts

mmetts New Member

Bingo. :type:

3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

By what I have read I thank you hit the point.:thumbs:

4. old regular

old regular Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    reprobation

I do not believe that God made man sinful, but that he made him upright,and he sought out many inventions,granted he was made subject to vainity,and he fell in Adam,I do not see two elections one of the just and unjust,but rather one pertaining to the adoption of children,the non-elect,unbelievers were not made evil by God so he could condemn them, but rather he condemns them because they are evil, and all such where ordained of old to this condemnation.All mankind came from one lump not two, and the potter has power over the clay,and over the same lump to make one a vessel to honor and another to dishonor. God is not the author of confusion, nor our disobediance, sin is the only thing we have thats all ours. Brother Dewey you will find that God can and does make his people a willing people and there is obedience to the faith and obedience of faith, one is at the hand of the creature under the workings and drawings of God,the other is an obedience faith itself produces. Elder Slone

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, brother Slone, for speaking precisely of the righteousness of God.

6. charles_creech78

Do you thank being disobedients is the will of God. Ro 9:20 Nay but, O man who art thou that repliest against GOD? Shall the thing that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Ro 9:21 hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? Ro 9:22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power Known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction. Ro 9:23 And that he might make known the RICHES of his GLORY on the VESSELS of MERCY, which he had afore prepared unto GLORY.

7. charles_creech78

Heb 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the SAVING OF THE SOUL.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Question;
    1. Why is hell enlarging its borders, if all was predestinated to be saved or not?

Rom 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    Seems to me they all know God at a time in their life and if they Glorify Him not as God, then are they not redeemed from their sins. But if the glorify Him as God, they will be added to the church daily, such as should be saved.

You will have to change some words in the following scripture to fit your theology, but if thats your peice of cake, go for it.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

#28 Brother Bob, Aug 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2007
  9. charles_creech78

Amen :godisgood: :jesus: :thumbs:

10. TomMann

TomMann New Member

So if predestination is true, the size of hell would be fixed, and there would be no enlarging?

But since predestination is not true.... We are going to need a bigger enlarged hell to hold all the extra non-believers created by free will?????

Boy do I feel better for hearing that......