1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you allow a woman to lay hands on you?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, I think the ministry is a "gift" and that sure is still happening. I think it is a calling, and one who is not called from God to preach, I don't believe he can preach in the Spirit.

1 Corth: 12

1: Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
    2: Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
    3: Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
    4: Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
    5: And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
    6: And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
    7: But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
    8: For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
    9: To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
    10: To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

28: And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
    29: Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
    30: Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
    31: But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

#101 Brother Bob, Dec 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2006
  2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

"Elders" is a wider term than "pastor" in the first place, and not every Christian is a Baptit Fundamentalist.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Did Peter do it or was it the faith of those who were healed or the ones who carried them to the streets?

4. Allan

Allan Active Member

Really show it scripturally and not philosophically.

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

7. Allan

Allan Active Member

8. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

9. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I havent studied into this subject but just right off the bat I would say the whole thing is about what you are supposed to do IN CHURCH as far as asking God to heal someone.

And the point of it is that THE ELDERS are supposed to be the one laying hands on the sick, so it has nothing really to do with whether it's a man or woman.

The thing would be do you think an ELDER can be a woman or not, according to the Bible?

...and as far as I can see the answer would be NO.

And to me, it's not as if God NEEDS someone to actually lay hands on someone in order to heal them. But its the idea of us just plain following His directions and then He blesses us for doing so.

Kind of like the Jericho thing. God didnt NEED them to walk around not saying a word for 7 days in order to bring the walls down. God could do that without them doing a thing. But the idea was just that God TOLD them to do a certain thing and they did it then God BLESSED them for doing as He had asked them to do. Like Naaman when he was told to go dip in the river 7 times. Its not as if the river had any magical powers, God just gave him an order, he followed the order so he was healed.

Sometimes I just think people get too focused on the wrong things and are constantly feeling "offended" about women "not being allowed" to do certain things.

But its not at all about US, its about GOD and its about just doing what He says to do. And then he blesses us for doing so.

Like when God tells Adam and Eve "do NOT eat from THIS PARTICULAR TREE!" well they could go on and on trying to figure out WHY... or else they could just trust God and do as He says. WITHOUT QUESTION. And the whole thing was Satan comes along as the serpent and tries to get them to question God and to distrust Him as to WHY He told them not to eat from THIS TREE. And instead of just plain trusting God, they went off onto this questioning His authority and His reasons for asking them to do this strange thing.

I mean Jesus said the rocks could cry out and tell people the message. It's not about US, though we so often try to insert ourselves into everything.

and its like "oh nooooooooo, women dont get to do this! What are we going to do? we are so downtrodden"... but I think that we need to get over ourselves and realize its not at all about US in the first place. If God wants to use a TREE to do something for Him, so what? WHO or WHAT He uses isnt even the point! Like John the Baptist we must learn to know the idea of "He must increase and I must decrease"

...well thats my two cents worth on this subject, anyway.

Claudia

#109 Claudia_T, Dec 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2006
  10. Allan

Allan Active Member

And I would agree with you Claudia, you are correct in your posting.
    First, formost and finally it isn't about US but about God and what He said concerning it.

11. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I agree with me too, but then again I usually do :) (for some reason)

12. Saint #unknown

Saint #unknown New Member

Brother Bob,
    you are right, SOME have stuck to the topic, dont overlook my point.
    They were playing around, and not paying attention in the beginning I did not say they still were. The parts where I was talking about the womens roles in the church was very much needed to point to the fact I was trying to state, so before you act so rightouess and take away from the point of my latter post, take it into consideration that not all things cannot be discussed in a dinky paragraph and that some things need to be explained.

Your brother,
    Mark aka Saint #unknown

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Maybe you starting your post this way caused, what you call me acting so righteous. You think?

Lets both start over, what you say?

Merry Christmas :)

#113 Brother Bob, Dec 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2006