1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you allow evolutionists to teach Sunday School?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, Nov 13, 2004.

1. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

I suppose that I should respond to Bob's last post out of a sense of completeness. But first a joke that seems germane.

A man is on a business trip to a small town out west. One day he decides to stop into one of the local watering holes before heading back to his hotel. He sits down at the bar and orders a drink. Startling him, the guy next to him jumps up and yells "Four!" Everybody dies laughing. A few minutes later another guy stands up and yells "Sixteen!" There are a few snickers. Later, another person stands up and yells "Seven!" Again, a complete uproar. So the man asks the bartender what is going on. The bartender answers that they have all been hanging out together for so long that everyone already knows everyone's jokes so they have just numbered them. When you want to tell a joke, you just stand up and yell the number of the one you want to tell and people will laugh if they thought that one was funny. After a few more drinks, the visitor decides to join in. He gets up and yells "Eight!" Dead silence. The bartender leans in and says "Some people just don't know how to tell a joke."

That is kind of where we are with Bob, here. Arguing the facts is hard so he argues with quotes. But we have all seen them before. We know that when he quotes Asimov that he is going to leave out the part of the quote where Asimov disagrees with Bob's conclusion. When he makes his bird claims, he is not going to bother to support them. When he quotes Simpson, he is going to butcher the quote and claim that Simpson was saying something other than what he intended. By the same toke, when Bob starts quoting, I am going to dig out the full quotes and show where Bob did not treat the quote truthfully. Bob will then claim that the quotes where nothing more the atheists admitting defeat and then turning right around and defending what they just admitted was wrong because they have no other choice. We all know that the context denies this claim. But Bob's misquotes must be dealt with each time in case we have a lurker who is seeing them for the first time. Why he continues to post the misquotes we will never know I suppose. People usually give up once they are exposed. It is tiresome but necessary to have to do this everytime. So, on to the last post.

First, he gives three quote that he claims are from me. I think they are actually quotes of others I have used in some of my posts. But he does not give us links so we don't know for sure. These quotes speak truthfully about the nature of Archeopteryx.

Bob then goes back to one of his old statements. He says.

This is the claim that I have been asking Bob to support for months and which he refuses to support. He has been shown repeatedly that it is false. But know factual support of the claim has ever been forthcoming nor has he admitted an error, nor has he (as seen by the last post) stopped using the claim.

You cited Dodson and Howgate. I asked you for evidence that these guys thought that archy was only a bird and not a transitional to support your assertion. I say that to not do so shows that you know what they were really saying and chose to assert that they were saying something else regardless. You did not support your assertion and instead choose to merely repeat yourself. So I'll do your work for you. But you will not like the results.

Why do we not first make a direct quote from Howgate?

Howgate, M. E. 1984. "The teeth of Archaeopteryx and a reinterpretation of the Eichstätt specimen." Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society, 82: 159-175.

"However, these authors present a decidedly ambiguous reconstruction of the Archaeopteryx ankle; it shows the ascending process associated equally with the astragalus and calcaneum. The Archaeopteryx ankle depicted by Martin et al. (1990, fig. 1G) seems, in fact, to be structurally intermediate between the theropod ankle and the neornithiform bird ankle."

Well, it seems that he may have thought it was a transitional after all.

Then I came across your very reference.

Dodson, P., 1985, International Archaeopteryx Conference: Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, vol. 5, p. 177-9.

In here, Dodson lists over 20 specific shared characteristics between Archeopteryx and specifically coelurosaur theropods. I think he was making a case for archy being a transitional, don't you?

Let me give you another reference from Dodson.

Barsbold, R.; Maryanska, T. & Osmolska, H. 1990. Oviraptorosauria. In: Weishampel, D. B.; Dodson, P. & Osmolska, H. (eds.), The Dinosauria. 249-258. University of California Press, Berkeley.

In this reference, the gentleman you cite discusses how some dinosaurs, such as Oviraptor and Ingenia, have furculas like birds as further evidence that birds evolved from dinosaurs.

You might want to see this reference of his.

CHINSAMY A., CHIAPPE L. & DODSON P. (1994): "Growth rings in mesozoic avian bones: physiological implications for basal birds." J.Vert.Paleont. 14(3, Suppl.): 21A

You will notice the word "basal" in the title. This means that he is studying the first birds and recognizes and accepts that they evolved.

One more reference for you.

Smith, J.B., You H., and P. Dodson. 1998. "The age of the Sihetun quarry in Liaoning Province, China and its implications for early bird evolution." Geological Society of America Abstracts with Program, 30(7):38A.

See the phrase "bird evolution" in the title? You still assert that he thinks archy is just a bird and not a transitional? This paper ties the specimens found in Liaoning with other bird transitionals.

Then we move on to the infamous Patterson quote about no transitionals. Again, this is something that has been pointed out to Bob in the past. Dr. Patterson also said:

"In several animal and plant groups, enough fossils are known to bridge the wide gaps between existing types. In mammals, for example, the gap between horses, asses and zebras (genus Equus) and their closest living relatives, the rhinoceroses and tapirs, is filled by an extensive series of fossils extending back sixty-million years to a small animal, Hyracotherium, which can only be distinguished from the rhinoceros-tapir group by one or two horse-like details of the skull. There are many other examples of fossil 'missing links', such as Archaeopteryx, the Jurassic bird which links birds with dinosaurs (Fig. 45), and Ichthyostega, the late Devonian amphibian which links land vertebrates and the extinct choanate (having internal nostrils) fishes. . ."

Dr. Patterson "Evolution" 1978, Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd.

But even better is his response to the quote in a personal letter.

"Dear Mr Theunissen,
    Sorry to have taken so long to answer your letter of July 9th. I was away for a while, and then infernally busy. I seem fated continually to make a fool of myself with creationists. The specific quote you mention, from a letter to Sunderland dated 10th April 1979, is accurate as far as it goes. The passage quoted continues "... a watertight argument. The reason is that statements about ancestry and descent are not applicable in the fossil record. Is Archaeopteryx the ancestor of all birds? Perhaps yes, perhaps no: there is no way of answering the question. It is easy enough to make up stories of how one form gave rise to another, and to find reasons why the stages should be favoured by natural selection. But such stories are not part of science, for there is no way to put them to the test."

I think the continuation of the passage shows clearly that your interpretation (at the end of your letter) is correct, and the creationists' is false.

That brush with Sunderland (I had never heard of him before) was my first experience of creationists. The famous "keynote address" at the American Museum of Natural History in 1981 was nothing of the sort. It was a talk to the "Systematics Discussion Group" in the Museum, an (extremely) informal group. I had been asked to talk to them on "Evolutionism and creationism"; fired up by a paper by Ernst Mayr published in Science just the week before. I gave a fairly rumbustious talk, arguing that the theory of evolution had done more harm than good to biological systematics (classification). Unknown to me, there was a creationist in the audience with a hidden tape recorder. So much the worse for me. But my talk was addressed to professional systematists, and concerned systematics, nothing else.

I hope that by now I have learned to be more circumspect in dealing with creationists, cryptic or overt. But I still maintain that scepticism is the scientist's duty, however much the stance may expose us to ridicule.

Yours Sincerely,

[signed]

Colin Patterson"

It should be obvious by now that he was not saying that there are not transitional forms but that you cannot tell for sure whether a given specimen is on the direct line to another or if it is a side branch. That is a far cry from saying that there are no transitionals or that archy is not a wonderful find intermediate between birds and reptiles.

Bob then quotes Gould in a seemingly damaging statement. I think it is best answered by another Gould statement that addresses both the issue and quote mining.

Stephen Jay Gould, "Evolution as Fact and Theory," Hen's Teeth and Horse's Toes, 1983, Norton, New York.

Then a Stahl quote about the lack of feather intermediates. Alas it is an old quote and we have since discovered feathers in many forms of intermediate development and some of the genetic basis for how feathers developed.

But I think Bob has used all these quotes before and should have read the responses given in the past that show that the quotes are not being used correctly. Yet we see them over and over.

"Twelve!"

2. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

All Christians should hate theories that leave no room for GOD.

3. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

So...Does chemistry leave room for God? Where? What role do you see for God in chemistry?

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    #1. That can't happen EVEN by manufactured attempts in a lab using millions of dollars of equipment - let alone "by itself". You can't make it happen - much less observe it to happen.
    It is therefore wild guesswork and speculation (something we have been calling junk-science).

#2. It is a superflous artifact of atheist evolutionism that "needs" a non-God start for life. Why would a Christian even go down that slippery slope of non-science since they have no compelling reason to do so? (They certainly can't argue that they SEE this happen in real life or that the fossil evidence records such a fantasy).

That would have to be the precise definition of "not-the-Bible" and "not-God's view of origins".

However you then get to hitting the "reset button" and we have God's view of origins inserted at the end.

Indeed - the earth would have had no dry land and no light. Also - there would have been no Sun and no Moon (the TWO great lights CREATED on the 4th day).

Even evolutionism has a hard time with no Sun, no Moon BUT yet billions of years of LIFE.

Bottom line - there is no way to marry God's Gen 1-2:3 view of origins with atheist evolutionism's own doctrine on origins.

In Christ,

Bob

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    UTEOTW tries a sad trick of claiming that using the most objective method in a debate instead of the sad defensive factless model of evolutionists - would be a "Bad thing".

When UTEOTW FAILS to find the salient points of evolutionism confessed by Christians who believe and trust the Genesis account - he simply attacks those who DO find the SALIENT points of my argument for GOOD Science confessed by atheist evolutionists.

Notice - that he "pretends" to claim that if I would just make stuff up and claim it as true - he would accept this BETTER - than having his own atheist evolutionist ICONS admitting the SAME salient points that I would have made against evolutionism!!

How much blind-evolutionist-faith does it take to swallow that kind of reasoning as being "in the range of sane logic"??

I find UTEOTW's abandonment of even the most simple forms of logic to be astounding. I did not expect this from evolutionists - much less Christian evolutionists -- EVEN though I admit they are devoted to their faith in evolutionism.

My "simple example" posted on this section of the message board of "evolutionism failed"
    is in fact "evolutionism exposed".

In Christ,

Bob

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is another example of where UTEOTW's religious "zeal" clouds his reason to the point that he claims that EXACT QUOTES are "false" YET EXACT QUOTES!!!

The idea that I would STOP using exact quotes SIMPLY because they expose the flaws of evolutionism, and support a key salient point exposing the blunders of evolutionists - is just silly.

Notice that UTEOTW tries repeatedly to squirm out of the problem that TRUE C can never be the perfect link BETWEEN TRUE A and TRUE C. - RATHER you would need TRUE B.

This is even pointed out by evolutionists in the case of the failed blunder we know today as the "horse series".

Instead of confessing that TRUE C is indeed - TRUE C with OTHER TRUE C preceeding it (75 million years OLDER than Archaeopteryx if you believe in evolutionism) - UTEOTW continues to "dance around the problem".

And even claims that his misdirection "works".

Fascinating!

In Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well "such stories" may not be a part of good-science but as UTEOTW has shown over and over with respect to Archaeopteryx - they are the heart-and-soul of junk-science!

I love it when evolutionists admit that their view is 100% opposed to God's statement on Creation!

In Christ,

Bob

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dead wrong!

In the blind faith of a true evolutionist - you first deny the details IN the text and THEN claim "there are no details. The text said nothing for two entire chapters except -- God is creator".

A more patently false statement could not be found.

The text specifically says "And evening and morning were the fourth day" speaking of God creating TWO great lights - the Sun and the Moon.

Now THE DETAIL that these TWO great lights were created in a SINGLE evening and morning - (a single rotation of the earth)- chafes on the evolutionist's faith in atheist evolutionism - so he simply "ignores the detail" and states "all it really says is -- God is creator somehow"

You have to already BE a head-in-sand evolutionist to believe that kind of logic!!

Please be serious. Make an objective argument please.

God said "FOR IN SIX DAYS the LORD MADE the heavens and the earth the sea and ALL that is in them" and states in the SAME context "SIX days shall YOU labor and do all your work" - the details are hardwired slamming the door shut on the mythologies of evolutionism.

Details that evolutionists simply "delete" so they can start with a clean slate.

Once UTEOTW has deleted all unwanted details from the text of scripture - he is free to fill them back in with atheism's evolutionism.

Note
    This is so easy to see a child can get this.

In Christ,

Bob

9. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Bob, do you have a coherent argument to make? Apparently not.

"Notice - that he "pretends" to claim that if I would just make stuff up and claim it as true - he would accept this BETTER - than having his own atheist evolutionist ICONS admitting the SAME salient points that I would have made against evolutionism!!"

Nope, I want you to present some sort of verifiable fact instead of misquoting good men and calling it an argument.

"The idea that I would STOP using exact quotes SIMPLY because they expose the flaws of evolutionism, and support a key salient point exposing the blunders of evolutionists - is just silly."

Two things. First it is your claim that the scientists at the conference decided that archy was just a bird and not an intermediate that I want you to support. You keep throwing out that same quote about it, the one referencing Dodson and Howgate, from the same YE trash site over and over. This dispite being shown from these two men's own presentations that they presented evidence showing archy to be a transitional form. If you want to make the claim support it. If you cannot, quit making it.

Second, you may be using exact quotes but you are doing so dishonestly. You are like the atheist who quotes the Bible as saying "There is no God." It is an exact word for word quote. Do you find it to be an honest quote?

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

No, I would not. Several years ago we were in Sunday School instead of teaching it. Once a month we had a S/S breakfast with another class and the teachers took turns. The man who taught the class we should have been in (age wise but since we had adopted our grandson as an infant, we fit better with the class that had children still at home) taught. It happened to be the Sanctity of Life Sunday. He proceeded to teach and said he believed in abortion in the case of incest or rape.

We NEVER moved into his class and met with him to let him know why we couldn't sit under his teaching. Now, we still love him and he gives me a big hug each Sunday but I would never sit under someone who taught such a lie.

11. Todd

Todd New Member

Back to the origianl question: Would I as a Pastor allow someone whom I knew to affirm macro-evolutionary theories of creation to teach a Sunday School class in my church? The answer is emphatically NO.

The reasons:

1. If someone will choose to affirm and teach scientific conjecture over the clear precepts that are discovered from the careful exegesis and exposition of God's Word, they have proven that they have more faith in academia than in the Word of God. I want teachers who will teach the Word of God, no matter what the world may say about them and the doctrines of the Book that they teach.

2. James 3:1 plainly says, "Let not many of you become teachers, knowing that you shall receive a stricter judgment." I'm not about to put a man at risk of God's stricter judgment if I know that they are not 100% committed to teaching only the products of faithful exegesis.

3. If a man will compromise on what the Bible says about how God created the world, he will settle for Noah's flood as some allegorical (non-literal) account. He will be comfortable saying that the children of Israel crossed the Reeds Sea and not the Red Sea. He will be willing to tell his class that Jonah and the "great fish" never happened. He may even be willing to follow Bultmann in "demythologizing" the Scriptures, and thus deny the existence of miracles (including Christ's resurrection from the dead). I don't want a SS teacher that undermines God's power by trying to argue it away through science or any other means - I want teachers who believe that "the Lord God Omnipotent reigns" (Rev. 19:6).

4. If a SS teacher is willing to compromise in doctrinal matters (such as creation), then he will be even more eager to compromise in social, vocational, recreational, etc. matters. I want teachers who fear God enough that they wouldn't dare compromise the integrity of His Word. A man who is committed to "sola scriptura" is a man who is far less likely to compromise in other areas of life.

These are just a few reasons that a macro-evolutionist should not be allowed as a SS teacher in our biblical-based churches. I'm sure I could think of plenty more.

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They are also showing that they prefer "myths and stories" to good science fact. IF they are willing to compromise science for the sake of evolutionism - and they are willing to compromise genesis for the sake of evolutionism - where will it stop?

So subjecting exegesis to the junk-science myths of evolutionism does not result in "stellar exegesis"??

Hmmm - maybe you have a point there.

So you see the problem with cascading corruption stemming from the attempt to insert atheist evolutionism into God's Word in Genesis 1-2:3.

Notice that John 1 predicates the entire Gospel message on accepting the literal creator role of Christ?

In Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes. And I have done so repeatedly.

Have you yet mastered a response? A compelling argument that deals with the salient points raised?

Well said.

Notice that after quoting your whining that I am going the extra mile in quoting YOUR atheist evolutionist ICONS INSTEAD of simply quoting my OWN CREATIONIST science resources -- I remark how silly your suggestion is since it "pretends" to state that you would be MORE WILLING to accept a CREATIONIST source - than you are to accept your own evolutionist ICONS.

(yeah! Right! Like we would believe that one!)

Here is a verifiable fact.

#1. I USED EXACT QUOTES and you untruthfully call them "misquotes".

#2. I QUOTE YOUR OWN ICONS instead of using MY OWN science icons - and you pretend like you can not comprehend this level of objectivity.

#3. YOU ARGUE with your OWN atheist evolutionist icons saying "ASIMOV IS WRONG" where his faithful report of GOOD SCIENCE exposes a flaw in evolutionism.

#4. THIS IS TH EASY part of the the debate - that you keep "pretending" not to understand.

I show that you have no such level of objectivity in your faithful devotion to evolutionism. This seems to "escape you".

Let me make it very very simple - so that you can get this even though you are so devoted to "evolutionism-no-matter-what-the-facts".

ON the really EASY parts of the debate I QUOTE YOUR atheist evolutionist ICONS INSTEAD of mine.

On the HARD part of the Creation-vs-Evolution debates - I seldom do that. In those cases - I quote CHRISTIAN Creation-accepting Scientists INSTEAD of the atheist evolutionist ICONS of YOURS.

Get it? Yet?

Is that a quote of me?

I did not find it.

I CLAIMED that they admitted that archy is a TRUE BIRD.

I CLAIMED that the INTERMEDIATE BETWEEN TRUE C and TRUE A -- must be TRUE B. You claim that TRUE C is intermediate BETWEEN True C and TRUE A.

Your logic has never stood up.

It is like you claiming that refrigorators BECOME cars over time and to SHOW that INTERMEDIATE step of HOW refrigerators BECOME cars - you say "START with a CAR and add a refrigorator door handle and PRESTO that has how a refrigerator becomes a CAR".

BY STARTING with a TRUE CAR - you lost the entire debate for the INTERMEDIATE!!

Get it?? Yet??

No??

I thought it would be a problem for you - but it was worth a try.

In Christ,

Bob

14. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Way back in 1950 scientists in a laboratory heated pantoyl lactone, beta-alanine, and cysteamine to a temperature of 105 degrees Fahrenheit and thereby produced pantetheine. Do you have any idea what has been going on in the laboratories around the world since 1950? Obvious not! When scientists devote their lives to studying God’s creation, you call it junk science. Well, what do you suppose we call it when Christians are so dishonest as to make ludicrously false and blasphemous comments about men and women for whom Christ died? You can be thankful that the rules of this message board do not permit me to post my personal opinion of your posting conduct without using more euphemisms than there are in an unabridged dictionary!

[​IMG]

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have been unnable to show even ONE example of how an EXACT quote was done "dishonestly".

That "Should" bother you just a little as a Christian much less as an evolutionist.

Don't you owe it to yourself to "actually" as in "really" demonstrate the TRUTH of that bogus accusation - just once?

Why have you failed so consistently to back up that silly accusation? Is it because you are not "actually" allowing yourself to deal with the facts of that argument?

I used EXACT quotes - on the EVERY points where you say "ASIMOV IS WRONG" in the case of entropy.

I USED EXACT QUOTES to show that Archy is a TRUE BIRD.

And both of those quotes - STAND uncontested.

Only a "true-evolutionist-believer" would reject these simple facts and cling to a argument based on a factless void.

Surely you can see that!

In Christ,

Bob

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Craig postulated a sequence where ACTUAL living single celled organisms result from a simple chemical reaction that needed to start with pantoyl lactone, beta-alanine, and cysteamine.

Craig leaps instantly from amino acid - to living cell as in "amino acides which in turn gave rise to the formation of biomolecules and eventually the very simplest forms of life."

Obviously the grandious claim that there ever WAS a basic chemical boot-strap sequence that resulted in even ONE living cell is among the treasured myths, blunders and fairytales of evolutionism folk lore.

And so I point that out.

Which does not get them to first base in terms of your stated result -- producing the living monochiral proteins needed to form even one single living cell (much LESS actually producing the living cell).

What DID it get them?

"circumstantial support for the suggestion that pantetheine and coenzyme A were important in the earliest metabolic systems"

WOW - what a "giant leap BACK" from the claim you made that such a sequence exists that would produce the FIRST LIVING cells.

Basically the evolutionists says "look! Rain falls! Abiogenesis must be true!".

Or in this case "Look! I rub two sticks together and pretty soon PRESTO! I have created a solar system"!

You many-storied tactic of getting you from modest science experiment - to grandious claims about creating life are just that -- stories.

As Patterson noted - stories are "easy to come by" but they are NOT science!

You can be thankful that Christian ethics do not permit me to post a less charitable commentary on your tactics.

But then - I think we all rely on that fact. At least we agree on that much.

In Christ,

Bob

17. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

This post reminds me of the famous monkey trial of 1925 in Dayton Tennessee where Clarence Seward Darrow made a monkey out of William Jennings Bryan. Apparently, however, some people in Tennessee just didn’t get it!

[​IMG]

18. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"I USED EXACT QUOTES and you untruthfully call them "misquotes"."

They are misquotes because you edit them down to make the author appear to say something he did not intend. You change the meaning of the quote which is dishonest. You are like the atheist who quotes the Bible as saying "There is no God."

"I QUOTE YOUR OWN ICONS instead of using MY OWN science icons - and you pretend like you can not comprehend this level of objectivity."

You have no objectivity. You change the meaning of what they have to say. BEsides, quotes are not facts they are opinions. Do you have any facts?

"YOU ARGUE with your OWN atheist evolutionist icons saying "ASIMOV IS WRONG" where his faithful report of GOOD SCIENCE exposes a flaw in evolutionism."

I do have a quibble with the presentation of entropy that Asimov uses because it is not true thermodynamic issue. But even that is a side issue becuse you edit out the very part of his quote where he disagrees with your conclusion. That is dishonest. Either you agree with him or not. You cannot pick and choose in order to make an author appear to say something with which he disagrees. It is not honest.

"I CLAIMED that they admitted that archy is a TRUE BIRD."

Admitted or claimed. Whatever. Your basic point is that these guys said that it was a bird and not an intermediate. You cited Howgate and Dodson. I have shown that they and all the other papers I can find from the conference show that they were actually presenting information to show archy as an intermediate. I would like to have from you some fact that disputes this and supports your claim.

"You have been unnable to show even ONE example of how an EXACT quote was done "dishonestly"."

I think the SImpson quote sums it up nicely. YOu claim that he says the horse series does not exist and then over the next few sentences he talks about trends in horse evolution and conclude by calling the horse series a "classic" case of evolution.

"I USED EXACT QUOTES to show that Archy is a TRUE BIRD."

Why don't you give me that "exact quote" again. I seem to have missed.

"I used EXACT quotes - on the EVERY points where you say "ASIMOV IS WRONG" in the case of entropy."

Except that you editted out the part where he disagrees with you. So much for truthful quoting.

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have been unnable to show even one case of that so far -- how do you explain that?

You HAVE been able to show that they STILL believe in evolutoinism "anyway" but not that the FACTS LISTED in the quote - the EXACT QUOTE - have gone away.

Does that surprise you?

Lets take a "simple" example.

Note the term the author uses "discarded". Note what it refers to "the Horse Series" note the reason WHY the discredited horse series must be "discarded". Note that "discarded" is the AUTHORS choice of terms - not mine.

Note - these facts DON't change simply because you don't like the author's statement.

Note - these facts DON't change simply because the author REMAINS an evolutionist.

Note - these facts DON'T change just because evolutionism is itself internally conflicted and the author must at some pont contradict himself to continue his faith in blind evolutionism.

Get it? Yet?

Wrong "again".

My simply pointing out these facts REMAIN unchanged EVEN though you wish them to be different and you clearly see that the author REMAINS an atheist "anyway" - does not make the EXACT quote a dishonest quote NOR does it give you permission to change the facts given IN the quote.

You seem to have a huge problem with that simple idea.

Why?

In Christ,

Bob

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What a perfect example of the falsehoods of evolutionism.

#1. Darrow lost the trial -- Hello!

#2. Darrow declared "DEFEAT" BEFEORE allowing his own client to be cross-examined OR allowing himself to be questioned as he had questioned Bryant.

Result: Evolutionism only survives in a factless void and evolutionists only persist by practicing revisionist history.

In Christ,

Bob