1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you consider yourself a populist?

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Not_hard_to_find, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

People of all political leaning consider themselfs Polpulists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populist

All I have to do is say that I think goverment should serve the common interest of the people. Now I am a populist.

The question should who in America does NOT consider themself a populist. Who would say "I think the goverment should only serve the interests of a select few" Nobody. Now we all may disagree with whos policies do what but everybody considers themselfs a populist.

4. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

I disagree. Saying it doesn't make it so. There are many who do not consider themselves populist -- even if they state they are publicly, for only political purposes.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I know my views are not popular but they are mine so I live with them.

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

The question was who considers themself a populist. Not whos policies make them a populist. I was careful in my post to make that difference clear.

Like who? Why would you state you are a populist and not consider yourself one. I think the vast majority of politions think their policies are best for the people. I disagre with most of them, but again the question is who considers themself.

Edit to add: Speaking of American politics. There are many outside of America that do not consider themselfs populists.

#6 DeeJay, Nov 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2006
  7. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Your views do not have to be popular to be a populist.

Do you think that your views if put into policy would be good for the common American and not just good for an eliet few?

If so you are a populist, just like the vast majority of Americans.

Examples of non-populists would be dictators and monarkis who only want to bennifit the eliet, their familys and friends. They veiw their position as a right to their family and often think they are place in their position by God for their own benifit.

#7 DeeJay, Nov 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2006