1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you display this ribbion on your car?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Slacktivism - interesting definition

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, personally, I do not care for messages displayed on cars. I am not really interested in conveying what I believe to someone else this way, nor do I care about what other people are for or against in the world of driving. I certainly do not care about the personalized license plates that tell a message.

As far as DUI penalties, Kentucky used to have very lax penalties, until 29 kids were killed on a school bus by a drunk driver in the late 70s. To me the laws are still not strict enough. BAC for arrest is .08, under 21 is .02. First offense is a fine of several hundred dollars, taking courses which will cost a few thousand, ninety days loss of license, 2-30 days in jail, and community service. It progresses upward until you get to the 4th incident in five years, then it is a felony and you go to prison. At that point the license is revoked for a minimum of five years. You will probably be eligible for a license before being released from prison. If there are injuries or deaths in any of the offenses, you spend the amount of time in prison for manslaughter or murder, depending on the circumstances. Personally, I think anyone on their 4th DUI should be serving a life term.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't support MADD, but I would if they lobbied to make drunk driving a capital offense.

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its been about 20 years since I had a car that had a radio antenna! Are you people all living in the 1970s? :)

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Actually, I said the 4th offense should be life in prison. That was based on our state laws. I like your idea better. If you are convicted of DWI, and kill someone, go to the electiric chair.

6. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

LOL
    My truck and my bride's expedition both have antennas. The truck is a 91 and the expy is a 97. If I recall correctly even my old 2003 F250 had an antenna.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.