1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you do it?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gina B, Jun 18, 2003.

1. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I think I explained the ethical and moral issues in my first post, Gina. I wouldn't do it because 1) it's lying, 2) it's a betrayal of those in the organization (tied in to the lying), and 3) my credibility would be shot on both sides. The first two have to do with sin and the third with the earthly consequences of that sin.

My answer would be no in both cases because my principles don't change according to whether or not I think it's a valid cause. I'm quite surprised you would imply otherwise, Gina.

2. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

No and Yes (although I think it would have much more impact than the first option). I would fervently pray over the situation. Be a witness for Christ. Let the Holy Spirit do the rest. [​IMG] I think that is one the hardest things we can do as Christians is to trust God and realize we don't have control over everything, only He does. So often we feel we must 'do' something when the biggest thing we can do is to turn our faces to the Lord and plea with Him.

In Christ Jesus,
    Neal

3. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

All I can say is that it is good that we are living under grace.

However, abortion is BIG BUSINESS. If you were to find something illegal, little would be done. I tell you we did at the local baby killing facilty. We not only picketed to make sure people Knew what was going on there, but we spent quite a bit of time in front of it in prayer. It soon closed down. Ironically the abortionist moved to another city and soon there after was killed in a car wreck. To this day we still don't have a baby killing factory in our community.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Kelly, I wouldn't know what you consider sin and not sin and if that changes in certain situations. For many people it does. For instance one will often consider doing something for a noble cause to be ok, but if it's done for a bad reason the same action is not considered ok.
    Different people have different ideas of what sin is. Yours and mine seem quite different and that causes me to be confused when talking to you and in need or more clarification than I would require from someone who's beliefs were more aligned to my own.
    Gina

5. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Okay, I think. :confused: I know we've had the discussion about politics and religion and that it doesn't make sense to you how I can not base my political stances on my Christian morals, but that doesn't mean that my personal morals are in line with my global political beliefs. Many times, they're not.

Oh well. I hope we're at least closer to the same page now. [​IMG]