1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you do it?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 11, 2008.

?
  1. I would go and enjoy my trip.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. I wouldn't go.

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. I would go, but would sleep at different times.

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. I would go, but one of us would sleep on the deck.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other answer.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If you were single and were invited by a good friend of the opposite sex to go on a cruise to the Bahamas, and your way was at least half way paid, and you knew you would have to share the same cabin sleeping quarters (but not the same bed), would you go?

Why or why not?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I couldn't go. What kind of christian witness would it be if I, an unmarried woman (if I were unmarried), shared a cabin with a man.

3. Joe

Joe New Member

You going to run into someone you know Donna? :smilewinkgrin:

It's a rare possiblility, but still a possibility

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

No, I wouldn't go. I would consider it very inappropriate.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You never know who you are going to see. One time when I was living in KC, I flew (at no one's knowledge in KC but my own) to Charlotte, NC, to interview for a job. After being in the Charlotte area for a few days, I was getting ready to board the airplane back to KC, and ran across one of my church members in KC. His mother lived out in the servicing area of Charlotte Douglass Airport. Shocked the living daylights out of me.

Never say never. You can count on someone seeing you.

6. Goldie

Goldie New Member

I wouldn't go for obvious reasons.

7. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I wouldnt go - cruises bore the life out of me!

As to the opposite sex thing - couldnt do that either

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

It doesn't matter if you know anyone on the ship, you know Jesus. How can you ( a woman) act like a chirsitan, say your a christian, and stay in a cabin with a man your not married too, and expect it not to taint your christian testimony. Wrong is wrong, even when no one sees you.

9. Joe

Joe New Member

I can agree to a point, it often not a good idea but it's not black and white. As a general rule, I don't usually be alone with the opposite sex (except sometimes bike riding, but that's rare and not planned that way).

Unless you know of scriptural support for it being wrong, it's a grey area.

In some situations, it would be a godly thing to do.

One of our best friends, who was a runner prior to getting us into biking, is 84 years old and suffers from macular degeneration (Wet). He is going blind. If he won a trip, I know he would want my wife to go.

My wife takes him shopping and *gasp* while both are in his house alone, she puts his groceries away for him. His vision is really poor.

Another scinereo-I think I said this on the BB before, but when we first joined our church, a lady tried to tell my pastor I was having an affair. I was my sister's date for her work party at a local restaurant. Pastor asked me to do him a favor and address it, so I finally did. Sadly, she was able to be privy to the intimate details of my sister's and I's night out because Pastor told her of my explanation. Laid that to rest until she went onto another person. Addressing their false accusations usually just fuels them, best to ignore them, imo.

The bible warns us of these kind of people.

Proverbs 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling

2 Thessalonians 3:11*For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies

Timothy 5:13 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not

1 Peter 4:15* But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters

#9 Joe, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  10. Joe

Joe New Member

Aint that the truth :laugh:

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1Ti 5:14I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

So you think a christian woman spending the night, and in this situation, several nights, alone in a man's bedroom can be godly? Just how please explain. How will it appear godly to those who see them?
    Theres no gray, thats a man made thing so they can do what they want, truth depends on what you want it to be.

13. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A Bahamas cruise? I don't think so.

Now, a cruise to the Greek Isles, well....

14. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Yeah, that was one of the obvious reasons - imagine, I get seasick, now how exciting would that be?? :laugh: :laugh:

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

My brother-in-law and his wife went on a cruise, with the in-laws of their daughter. While cruising, they switched wives and came back on shore and divorced and remarried to the new one. I think they believe they are christians and according to some on BB, they could be.

Drove their kids crazy on both sides, their mother was their mother-in-law and their father was their father-in-law. Their mother was a grandmother to the kids on both sides and so were the fathers grandfathers on both side. Just one big happy family.

The deck hands were standing on deck, with a "wild" stare in their eyes.

They still visit each other and have cookouts and birthday parties. La Va Doooo!!

The sad part is my brother-in-law's first wife was the best cook, so I lost out big time. She sure was good on shrimp and fresh fish. Where she spent so much time on the water I guess.

BBob,

#15 Brother Bob, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  16. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Wow! Are they in West Virginia?

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Close, they are in Flordia, but came from KY and Tenn..............:)

Must of been one exciting time. Can you imagine getting up the next morning and meeting on the deck.......:)

BBob,

18. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Must be north Florida.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Were they cousins?

[​IMG]

20. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

As one of the BB's resident liberals, even I have a problem with this. In addition to the obvious, cabins on cruise ships are notoriously intimate (read very small).

But there are options. They could each go as singles and not share a cabin. Also, the cruise lines may "pair" them with other passengers of same sex. Better yet, they could go with friends so they guys/girls could bunk separately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.