1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would You Join His Church?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steadfast Fred, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought the opening question was, "would you join that church?"

I'm actually in the middle of making this decision. I was down to a choice between two churches; but then there was a split in one of them, and the pastor of the other has proven to be heavily influenced by Peter Ruckman. The second pastor has made comments similar to yours during his preaching; that we shouldn't split or depart over secondary or tertiary issues.

However, when you get to a point where you realize that after nearly every service, you're talking to your kids to explain (and possibly correct) specific points the pastor preached about, one has to ask the question: What kind of example am I setting for my children when I'm constantly telling them the pastor is wrong?

And thus, no, I would not join such a church.

2. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

If you are going to say everyone will have wings based on Isaiah 40:31, then you still have an inconsistency in the book by Burpo.

Colton says that all the people in Heaven have wings, but the Lord Jesus Christ did not have wings. (He just went up and down) Yet the Word of God says He has wings.

Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

The truth is, Isaiah 40:31 is not speaking of the afterlife. It is speaking of a live people on the Earth waiting on the Lord for a renewal of strength. Wings is a simile in that verse, just as it is a simile in Malachi 4:2.

Burpo's book is proven to be inconsistent with the truth.