1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you join your local MILITIA?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ROBERTGUWAPO, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Sorry Buckster. What I mean is that all christians should be in the Lords army. The question was would we join a local militia? I believe it is an option and should not be looked down on or criticised if a christian does so. Militia is there for peoples benefit. Hence : Love your neighbor.

2. The National Guard is the local militia.
    Yes, I would join it and I do not see any spiritual reason for not joining it.

[​IMG]

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Been there done that - IT WAS FUN!

But, yes and no. The Nat'l Guard serves BOTH the state and the FEDERAL Gov't ...

4. kubel

kubel New Member

The National Guard (AKA the organized militia) is controlled by the state, but can also be commanded by the Federal Government if need be as a federal reserve.

This totally destroys the purpose of a state militia. The Federal government is to have no power over state militias- since dictators arise at the federal level, not the state level. Militias are supposed to be organized and commanded at the state level and independant of the federal government. The National Guard is not.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OHS
    The (true) militia; (not the National Guard) is looking for some good men. That includes Chaplains. Check out this site for CALIFORNIA STATE DEFENSE FORCE

Let me know if you join* up!

Sgt Salty
    NEW YORK GUARD
    HQ 1/3

PS * If you sign up, I may get credit for it

6. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Not the left wing conspiracy type militia.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Ian

I agree with you more every day!