1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you join??

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Sep 8, 2010.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. No, it isn't necessarily a sin.

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
  3. Depends (on what?)

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

No, let's not use my logic, Crabby. We all know your logic is far superior, so let's use yours!

Your logic was this:

Which, I can agree with. As such, your example should not be that if it is ok to burn the koran, it would be ok to burn the Bible. Here's the way the statement should go, given your superior logic:

Can you not see that this pastor is following the golden rule? If the Bible were found to glorify satan .... which would never happen ...... this pastor would expect the Bible to be burned as well.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

bump it up!

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

NO

but I didn't vote because I don't get the

There is just a yes, why is there a qualifier for the no? Just curious.

4. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems to me this preacher feller is more interested in getting his face on CNN than anything. I don't see how burning the Koran honors the memory of the 9/11 victims or the Gospel. This is a insignificant little man banging a big drum like he was running for president of Planet Look-at-me.

Sure he's within his rights to have his bonfire. He also has the right to stick his tongue on metal when it is below freezing. He has the right lean on an electric fence. He has the right to stand on the side of the road and yell at my neighbors bull (that's a boy cow for all you city folk). He has the right to wear white after labor day. Having the right is much different than doing what is right.

madre worked for a nutritionist. A woman asked if she could eat chocolate cake while following her eating plan. madre told her she could eat anything she wanted just that she would not get the results she expected. This preachin' feller is setting out to specifically insult a group of people who have demonstrated their willingness to kill thousands of people at at time to prove their own point. What results is he expecting?

Another question I have is where is he getting the Korans to burn? I doubt they were donated by the local Koran printshop. Did they buy them? If so, wouldn't there be better results buying copies of the Bible and putting them in the hands of folk than buying a false book and putting it in the fire?

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Shh, but I meant to put just no. I think because I do so many polls, when I put no on that one, the whole line popped up, and I didn't clean it off.

No means no.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

hahahaha OK ;)

I'll go vote in the poll now.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

>So, did Jesus do unto the money changers as he would have them do unto him?

If you are God, burn anything you wish. Recall that Jesus forbid the Apostles from calling down fire from Heaven.

8. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

The meanness in me says, burn a Koran for every American killed by Islamic extremists. After all, they burn both our flags and our Bibles and consider killing our missionaries to be honorable.

But returning like for like hasn't accomplished anything since the OT. And the church has no business playing in politics.

I didn't vote, but I wouldn't attend a church that burned books of any sort.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is God. You are not. I am not. That fella in Florida is not. No mere human being is.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree - no mere human would want to be in Flo - A - Da :smilewinkgrin::laugh:

11. billwald

billwald New Member

Should we burn a Constitution for every hippy arrested for American flag burning?

And how come no one burns the Book of Mormon?

12. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I don't burn them, but I do take them from motel rooms if I happen to stay in a Mormon owned hotel.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because I am not aware of any Mormons who have murdered thousands of Americans

14. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Personally i put them to better use, i have 4 copies of the Qur'an in my office that i use to teach on alternative religions. Burning them is pointless and only causes more problems.
    As for the yes or no, NO!

15. billwald

billwald New Member

>I don't burn them, but I do take them from motel rooms if I happen to stay in a Mormon owned hotel.

Stealing for Jesus? OK for people in the other religions to steal Christian Bibles from hotel rooms?

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Actually, isn't that one goal they have? Not just to have a Bible in every hotel but for people to actually use them and take them? I know if I put Bibles someplace, I'd certainly hope people would take them!