1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you like to serve God among Arabs?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Ben W, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, Ben, do you yourself have a burden to serve God among Arabs?

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is an interesting question John!

As a teenager I never felt the call to missions, so I never went forward at any altar calls for such.

Yet last year I began to go to Bible College at nights, and I have done some subjects on missions.

As a result I do feel that there could be a possibility that this could be the case, although to go it would take a miracle from God to enable it, yet I have come to a position that if the door did open, I would attempt to walk through it.

I feel a burden for people that are involved in Islam, and I feel that same burden for Pakistan. I amnot sure how it could end up that I could serve the Lord in Pakistan, but I have become aware of a Salvation Army mission there (Drop in Centre) that no doubt would be a great place to get started.

4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A young man once told me he was called to preach, had graduated from Bible college, and didn't know where to preach. I told him if he was called, he'd better start somewhere, even if only on a street corner.

And that doesn't have a whole lot to do with what you said, Ben! Except that, maybe if you try to do something where you are right now, you'll learn more about God's plan for you in this area. Know any Muslims? Try witnessing to one, or just hand out a tract or two, and see how the Lord leads and whether you have peace in your heart about it!

God bless. [​IMG]

By the way, visited Australia several years ago--loved it!

5. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I actually did have an opportunity to share the gospel with a Muslim. Yet what I found is that he was interested in what I had to say, yet reluctant to commit to anything.

My lecturer at college says that often when muslims emigrate to other nations there attendance at mosque and participation in Islam actually increases as it is familiar to them, yet in their own nations they are alot more at ease with Christians.

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Ben,

if I understand right, its a typical response of their's to not want to commit to anything.

But he was interested inwhat you had to say! Thats encouraging!

7. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you have a great start on knowing God's will in this area. Keep on keeping on, as we say in the States! [​IMG]

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like "British Paints"? - That is their slogan! [​IMG]

9. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh! Small world. ;)

10. Marco

Marco Guest

Ben, I know Arabic. I use to be a Muslim. My whole family is Muslim besides myself. If you need any insight to Islam ask.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

My sister in law knows some basic Arabic. I'd love to learn.

Assalamu alaikum.

12. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is interesting to know Marco. What I would like to ask you, is what was it that finally convinced you to take the step and commit to Christianity from Islam? Was there a specific point where that occured? I am very keen to share Christianity with people that are of the Islamic faith, yet I want to be real, and talking about what is important to them or being able to relate to them in a good way.

13. Marco

Marco Guest

I have some advice. As you may know, Muslims are the hardest to convert to Christianity. The Qur'an central theme is Oneness of God. Sura 112 is considered half the message of the whole book. The idea of the trinity is blasphemy.
    I would not try to convince other Muslims to change faiths because of terrorism or the actions of a few, nothing to do with Islam. I wouldn't say anything bad about Muhammad. Finally, the issue of women should not be talked about because there is a lack of understanding with this issue. Overall, there are many things people do not understand and if you sound ignorant they'll dismiss everything you say.

You have to understand they love God very much, as far as their understanding of God. It's just a good idea to have respect for these people if you want to bond with them in order to talk about Christ.

If you want to know the reason I converted you'll have to email me: [email protected]

I can't say certain things and I apologize if that seems confusing.