1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you marry a Non-Christian? This is the right one

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Joe, Sep 10, 2007.

?

Would you marry a Non-Christian

Poll closed Sep 17, 2007.
  1. Yes, I have no preference either way

2.4%
  2. Yes, it's a possibility

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, absolutely not

48.8%
  4. No, probably not

7.3%
  5. No, I don't want to get married

2.4%
  6. No, I am already married

39.0%
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I don't necessarily agree with your statement here, Joe. I think that we have circle of influence with Christians ahd should have a circle of influence with non-Christians, else how are they going to hear the word and be converted?

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

God forbid that we marry someone just because they are Christians. Although being a Christian is a basis, we shouldn't marry just any Tom, Dick and Christian.

3. Joe

Joe New Member

Yeah, but IMHO living in a small town if you want to be married and raise a family as a Christian, you gotta bite the bullet. :D
    Example: A guy whom a lady is very attracted to, or is drawn to, who holds similar interests and there is a strong connection must be overlooked for...well...Believer Dick, Believer Tom or Christian. Unless you do not adhere to the verse, then you have more choices.

So true :) One should have both circles in order to spread the word. I still understand the verse to mean the majority of one's "circle of influence" ought to be Christian. It can't mean anything else than not to be "unequally yoked with unbelievers"

Joe

#23 Joe, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007