1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would You Receive...

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by ktn4eg, Oct 16, 2010.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

As others have pointed out, there's KJVO and then there's KJVo (it's the only one they use. They like it better but aren't opposed to others). Someone interested in joining a church with other versions being used surely is in the preferred camp.

That being said, we've all seen some really strange things done by members (old and new alike) and I think a good sit-down talk would be in order to make sure every thing is as it should be.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Either that, or they weren't aware that the church is non-KJO, and that's not likely.

If they really are hard-line KJO, it won't take them long to realize other versions are used, and they'll be gone.

We had a couple to visit our church several years ago, attended regularly for about a month, then we didn't see them any more. When I asked my pastor about it, his answer was revealing: "They were King James Only."