1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you sing this song?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 12strings, Jun 27, 2013.

1. 12strings

12strings Active Member

If you are one who disagrees with unconditional Election/predestination....Would you sing this song? given the underlined line?

IF not. Would it be because you disagree with the actual statement of the song (written by a calvinist); or simply because you would not want the song to cause confusion or divisive issues in your church, even though you as a theologically informed person realize that even libertarian free-willers believe that Christians are predestined for future eternal life in the likeness of Christ?

VERSE 3
    My life is but a fleeting sigh
    A tear within the sea
    But You are everlasting, Lord
    And You’ve predestined me
    To leave this fading world behind
    Not fearing death will come

For then I’ll look on Jesus Christ
    And to His arms I’ll run
    And when I see Him face to face
    What glory that will be
    To look upon my Savior’s scars
    And know they were for me

http://sovereigngracemusic.bandcamp.com/track/nothing-that-my-hands-can-do

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Almost all (even the most "loose" among us Baptists) believe in eternal security. This song ought not offend any.

BTW, we love singing songs about Grace. Not the "I'm so happy" type about me, but doctrinal/scriptural music. This song is not even "heavy" in teaching or doctrine.

:thumbs: