1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you vote a write-in ballot?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Feb 13, 2007.

?
  1. Ihave voted write in previously

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. I would seriously consider a write in

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. I probally would not vote a write in

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. A write in is a wated vote

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is a write in ballot worth the time.

If you dont like either candidate, do you not vote for that office?

What if there is only one candidate running for that office, and disagree with him on several issues, what would you do

I would like to hear from you, then in a few days, I will give you my answer

Salty

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I think perhaps I should, but knowing how I am, I doubt that I would actually.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also wanted to mention that different states have different laws about write ins. In New York, there are no restricitions (that I know of)
    In West VA, (10 years ago, anyways) a write in would only count if you registered with the State elections)

Salty

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

We had a write in candidate for county commish, narrowly defeated.

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The answer to all of this is a question. How would God judge my vote with the choices presented to me? Please God, not men.

One always has the choice of not voting. This choice would not be wrong if all of the candidates are standing against the precepts of God's Word and you have participated in investigating the choices but found them lacking.

God Bless!

#5 steaver, Feb 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2007
  6. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

1. It is if you truly believe in that candidate.

2. Typically, I vote for the one I like better, but if I seriously disliked both, or more, candidates, I would skip that line.

3. If the issues were major for me, I would skip that line.

Our write-ins in TX must also meet certain requirements in order to be counted. I have never done so, but if I had a choice of say, George Bush and John Kerry again, I would either vote for a 3rd party, a write-in, or skip that line.

I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here we're allowed to skip different offices if we choose not to vote for anyone in that post.

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Vote for Ron Paul!

8. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Ron Paul and Tom Tancredo certainly seem to be the best choices in the race so far.

I'd like to see a Paul-Tancredo ticket, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I'm sure the Bush administration and GOP Chairman Martinez will do everything in their power to keep any conservative candidates like Paul, Tancredo or Hunter off the ballot!

10. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

In the last election, the first where I voted a straight Democratic ticket, there were a variety of state and local offices for which only Republicans were running. There were no Libertarian candidates.

I think that, if I was enough against all possible candidates (for example, if the Governor's race had been a choice between Roy Moore and Don Seigelman), and there was no third choice offered, I would write in whoever I had voted for in the primaries, or a reasonable third party individual whom I had researched.

11. billwald

billwald New Member

in a very local election a write in campaign is often successful. In a national election any sort of vote is futile except to make one sleep better which is why I vote Libertian, knowing there is zero chance of winning. It is an illusion that a D or R will change anything because both parties are owned by the same people.