1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WOW moment

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by chuck2336, Feb 17, 2009.

1. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I was reading Exodus 32 and 33 and had two WOW moments. The first I was reading 32:19-32 and stopped at verse 32. It says this

32 Yet now, if You will forgive their sin—but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written.”

To me it seems Moses is standing in the gap for the people. He seems to be saying to the Lord Forgive them and if needed take my name off the books so theirs can be placed there.

The Lord gave me this thought. Have I (or you) come to the place of faith where we are so concerned for the lost we say Lord save them and if needed take my name off the books to place theirs in. Have I come to the place where I am willing to "give up" my salvation for the sake of others?

My 2nd wow moment is not so wordy. In the next chapter (33) verse 11 it reads..

11 So the LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend .

WOW, I want to be there, in that place where God speaks to me as a man speaks to his friend!

Thought I would share.

:thumbsup: :jesus: :godisgood: :thumbs:

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

...and a real friend will tell you when you are wrong.

3. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Are you saying I was wrong or that we are not friends!

Just kidding

:laugh: :laugh:

4. Beth

Beth New Member

Definitely

A lot to think about....definite wow moments...love that when it happens during private Bible study!

Your sis in Christ,
    BEth