1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wow...what happened???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Onlybygrace, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

I was offline for a couple of days and the thread I started about Obama is now closed and I think I only had two opportunities after the original post to contribute, explain myself or defend myself!!!

I have no idea what a troll is, perhaps a person looking for an argument I gather...but if that's the general way people on this site deal with uncomfortable or challenging questions then I really need to rethink if there is any value to being here.

Some of the discussion was helpful and centered around a biblical concept of hatred and reasons why people didn't or did support Obama and for those contributions I thank you, it has been enlightening.

If I offended any of you by anything I said I apologise sincerely.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

The BB has page limits, that thread reached it's limit. It's in the forum rules.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I understand it right, a troll is someone who starts a thread that is deliberately offensive and doesn't stick around to debate the merits of the argument.

You said, "why do all you baptists in america hate Obama so much" (or words to that effect).

Several people explained that hate had nothing to do with it, but that we disagree with his policies. You didn't respond.

Don't take it personal.

And, as someone else explained, all the threads have page limits and are closed shortly after they meet the limits.

FWIW, I like to hear from folks around the world to see how they view things.

peace to you:praying:

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

You are always welcome to start another thread.

5. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

Thanks canadyjd, That explains a lot.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Canady is right------and please don't take offense and please don't stop posting

I believe the thread you started was in the politics forum----in which I and LadyEagle are the moderators------she probably does a better job at moderating than I do----it can get intense there----but hang in there.

Oh, and by the way------myself NOT voting for Obama had nothing to do with his skin color verses my skin color------I am a white middle age male deep in the Heart of Dixie and on top of that I grew up in Cajun country of Baton Rouge, Louisiana----but find no rhyme or reason why skin color has anything to do with anybody------it doesn't matter to me what their color is---red, yellow, black, white---polka dot--striped--retangular or square----give me a man who has Godly standards and ethics and I'll vote for him---give me a man who is "blown about by every wind of doctrine" and who has morals of an alley cat and ethics that are substandard-----and I'll deny him my vote

But hang in there

Your friend,
    Bro. David

Last------I will close this thread and allow readers to read what is printed-----but this IS a debate forum------do feel free to start a discussion and feel free to debate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.