1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrestler Ric Flair supporting Mike Huckabee

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by faithcontender, Nov 20, 2007.

1. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) – In the race for presidential endorsements, Mike Huckabee has the kitschy pop culture celebrity vote on lockdown.
    First it was martial arts hero and "Walker, Texas Ranger" star Chuck Norris, who appears with Huckabee in his first TV ad.
    Then hard-rocking hunting enthusiast Ted Nugent jumped on the Huckabee bandwagon, citing the Republican's support for second amendment rights.
    Now, Huckabee is getting ready to rumble: wrestler Ric Flair, a.k.a. The Nature Boy, is supporting the former Arkansas governor in his bid for the White House.
    CNN has confirmed the former WWF and WWE star wrestler is on board with Huckabee, and will co-host a campaign tailgate with the candidate at the South Carolina vs. Clemson football game on Saturday afternoon in Columbia, South Carolina. More details are forthcoming.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/11/19/wrestler-ric-flair-supporting-mike-huckabee/

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I won't vote for Mike Huckabee; however, good for him. :thumbs:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there's a highly qualified, in the know, influential endorsement.:rolleyes:

4. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I agree. First Chuck now Rick? Who's next?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish that my favorite wrestler, Wahoo McDaniel, was still alive. I wonder who he would support.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

There are ways to find out . . .

do do do do

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chuck is said to have always championed causes that identified with conservatism from what I've heard.

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Growing up I had a chance to see Ric Flair in person on several occasions. His support for Huckabee does not help Huckabee, at least not with me.

9. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Woooo! Most endorsements are pointless, and i don't think the Nature Boy's support will matter a whole lot outside of a wrestling arena in Charlotte anyway. I doubt it would hurt things any, but i don't think it will help a whole lot either.

10. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Originally Posted by KenH
    I wish that my favorite wrestler, Wahoo McDaniel, was still alive. I wonder who he would support.

Maybe.....Boris Malenko? :laugh:

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. I hadn't thought about Boris Malenko in a long, long time.

I love remembering pro wrestling from the mid-60s to the mid-90s. :)

12. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Maybe Chief Wahoo McDaniel would endorse Dusty Rhodes, the American Dream?

13. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

There is nothing professional about wrestling. It more emulates day time t.v. soaps.

14. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Way before cable, our family went to see relatives in west Texas and sometimes saw wrasslin' at the Ector County Coliseum, on a Saturday night. The Funk's were and always will be the 'good guys' out there.
    After driving back home to Houston, we went the next Saturday to the Sam Houston Coliseum, where, you guessed it, out comes Terry Funk, dressed in black trunks, and unshaven from last Saturday. In Houston he was a 'bad guy'. Of course, the next Saturday in Odessa he was in his white trunks again and clean-shaven. It was always fun to see who changed their character according to where they were.
    And by the way KenH, remember these guys?.......Jose Lothario, Mel Mascaras and Ivan Putski?

15. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I wonder who all of the Von Erichs would have endorsed if they were still around?

16. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Remember Jack and Jerry Brisco? In north Florida they were the good guys. Here they had many a feud with Dory and Terry Funk.

17. SeekingHisTruth

SeekingHisTruth New Member

Or how about my favorite the Junkyard Dog. Or how about Kabuki. Would he be eligible to vote? I don't know if you could read it with all that green spit anyway. :laugh:

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, guys, this is a GREAT thread! I remember all of those wrasslers.

Sure, it is staged, 2 Timothy2:1-4, but it is certainly professional as they get paid, and some quite well.

Watching pro wrestling is like watching an episode of Chuck Norris in "Walker, Texas Ranger". I know that he is going to somehow survive but I watch it anyway for the action and to see how he
    survives. :)

I don't watch pro wrestling now because I think it has gone into the gutter. And that's a real shame.

19. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Is wrasslin' real or fake? Yes to both. Fake-as in it's choreographed, both in the bout and who is the winner. Real- as in their athletic ability to do all the stunts they pull and not actually hurt one another. Remember, these are people who are worth a lot of money to the organization and besides, they have to do it all again in a couple of days.

Fake but hilarious....When I was 12-13 we went to the matches in Corpus Christie. Since my mother and brother were out of town, my dad and I could get better seats. We got 1 row from ring-side facing the TV cameras. It was great, you could hear everything that happened in the ring. The Black Jacks and the Funks were wrestling. I forget who exactly it was, but as Black Jack and Funk were bouncing off the ropes toward each other, Black Jack forgot to duck or Funk wasn't supposed to throw an elbow at that time, and caught Black Jack right across the mouth. they both stopped and looked at each other for a split-second and then BJ said, "You HIT me!" Funk threw his arms out and said, "I'm sorry!" Then they both started laughing so hard they had to grab each other in a headlock and turn from the cameras until they both quit laughing.
    Everyone on our side of the ring who saw what happened was laughing too. Then I got to see the replay, (back then wrasslin' was on Saturday night and taped to show Sunday morning.) When this bout came on, and the mistake happened, the announcer, who saw it all, tried to keep from laughing as he described the 'Power Punch' to Black Jack, and the 'weariness' of Funk as they grabbed each other in a headlock and went to the mat. "And both wrestlers are down, who will regain their senses first and get the upper hand?" Yeah right, just as soon as they quit laughing like a couple of school-girls. I bet they practiced that move a little more before the next city!

Other oldies...Black Jack Lanza, Black Jake Mulligan, Mr. Wrestling, (by the way, what happened to all the masked wrestlers?), The Giant (the original one who died a few years back.)

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wait til he starts with the chops and figure fours!