1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WWJD Poll

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Brice, Nov 7, 2005.

?
  1. Yes

80.4%
  2. No

19.6%
  3. Don't Know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Brice

Brice New Member

WWJD Poll. What would Jesus do in these situations?

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think the question about would Jesus speed if late for work was implying that Jesus would be late for work or close to it, which I don't think he would be, so it was sort of an unfair question. Maybe you should have just had, "Would Jesus ever speed when driving?" I did vote no, however.

Most of the questions require guessing, so I put "don't know" for most of them. I did vote no on the stock market, and yes to using the internet and singing hymns.

I wonder why no one has commented so far?

3. gekko

gekko New Member

i like this poll... but there are some minor eehh, details i will mention here:

1.) Jesus would not be late for work or speed.
    2.) Why would Jesus listen to CCM in the first place? if it's worship music to Him, then He already knows what it says and what not.
    3.) why would Jesus do any of those?

4. Brice

Brice New Member

Right,I see the points both of you are making. You see the poll isn't meant to be a literal "would Jesus actually do that" for obvious reasons because He is perfect. He would never be late for work, etc. but we are all the time. So how would you apply "WWJD" to that situation? More relating to people saying "WWJD" for everything we do. You see it's not always easy to apply. I hope that explains it a little better. God Bless.

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know that? Because we are to obey those in authority (employers and the government)? Well, Mary and Joseph were in authority as His parents, and he absented himself that time and it took them 3 days of searching until they found him in the temple, and then after this "He was subject to them." I don't think it's competent to say he "would not be late for work or speed."

Because it's talking to him... "Lord I lift your name on high... You came from heaven to earth..." Maybe the only reason He wouldn't listen to it is because He's thinking "Yeah, tell me something new!" But since nothing can be new to Him, if he listens to anything I think He would prefer words of praise to curses, class roll calls, and BaptistBoard arguments.

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know from the Bible that He would sing a hymn, since He did with His disciples after the Last Supper! We just don't know quite what kind of hymn it was. [​IMG]

7. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Cool Poll Brice!

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

How do you know that? Because we are to obey those in authority (employers and the government)? Well, Mary and Joseph were in authority as His parents, and he absented himself that time and it took them 3 days of searching until they found him in the temple, and then after this "He was subject to them." I don't think it's competent to say he "would not be late for work or speed."
    </font>[/QUOTE]Are you saying Jesus disobeyed his parents or was ever not subject to them as a child? Then he could not sinless, and the Bible would be contradicting itself because it does say he was without sin.

Just because he went to the temple and his parents did not find him for 3 days does not mean he disobeyed or did anything wrong. I heard a speaker say that those type of family visits to Jerusalem were like this -- Mary and Joseph probably thought Jesus was with other relatives. People wandered around and children were often with cousins, etc. and not their parents. So this was not unusual.

The text never states nor implies that Jesus disobeyed or sinned in this situation.

Do you believe Jesus was sinless?

9. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I found it interesting that more people said Jesus would use the internet than watch TV.

10. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't understand the fiction novels question and why so many people said no. You don't think Jesus would read fictional storybooks to children or quality allegories like the Chronicles of Narnia or Pilgrim's Progress? Jesus told a lot of excellent fictional and illustrative stories called parables. I don't see why he wouldn't read them too.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

What if Jesus got caught in a traffic jam, or roadblock, or unforseen circumstance? What if he made a wrong turn and it took him a little longer? Jesus was sinless, and none of these things are sins.

12. natters

natters New Member

What if Jesus got caught in a traffic jam, or roadblock, or unforseen circumstance? What if he made a wrong turn and it took him a little longer? Jesus was sinless, and none of these things are sins.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Who would he possibly work for in the first place???? ;)

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Uhh, a local carpentry shop?

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He would more likely be self-employed, publishing books like "More Chicken Soup for....."

15. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [​IMG]

16. Brice

Brice New Member

Thanks Ben W. [​IMG]

In response to the fiction question, some might have felt that His time would be spent better elsewhere. Just a thought, but I may be off.

17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I sure hope not. Canfield and Hansen are New Agers. I say that with 100% certainty. THis is something I've had to look into because of some blantant New Age pieces in the first book.

Yes, I know they published some books with Christian writers but Canfield and Hansen are New Age.

Alcott, you never answered me if you thought Jesus sinned in view of your statement about him being away from Mary and Joseph in Jerusalem.

18. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Unforeseen? Surely you jest.

As for traffic, he would probably part it and drive on through.

This poll is silly.

Of course, I do know one thing with certainty. Jesus would not listen to CCM. It's just awful. [​IMG]

Would Jesus wear a Rolex on his television show? (Please don't tell Ray I stole his quote. :D )

19. Brice

Brice New Member

Not meant to be silly Bro. James, Just thought provoking because we always say WWJD and I just wanted to throw a few interesting questions out there.

20. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think it is sad that our culture sees fiction as a waste of time. Some of the most insightful commentaries into God, the world and myself were presented to me through fiction.