1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

XP folders problem

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by HeDied4U, Aug 26, 2009.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it's been a few years since I've worked on a computer running XP, but my new Aspire One netbook came with XP, so I'm trying to remember how this system operates.

Anyway, I'm having a problem when viewing folders. like in the Program Files section of my C drive.

When I go to Program Files, the folders are shown as tiles. I prefer a little bigger icon, so I change the view to thumbnails. So far so good.

Now, the problem occurs after I close out of Program Files (or any section with folders) and then go back to that same area, the folder icons are back to tile size.

I remember going through this on my old desktop, but for the life of me I can't remember how I was able to fix the problem.

If anyone knows how, I'd greatly appreciate having the tip passed on my way.

Many thanks in advance.

Adam

:)

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some would and probably will suggest that xp does not operate. :thumbsup:

Go to program files or any directory, go to view and pick the size you want, then go to Tools I think anyway look for folder options and at the top will be two boxes. You can save the settings for your folder and also apply to all folders if you wish.

You are going to love your net book!!!!! :thumbs: They are so handy.

3. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the info.

And yes, I do love this amazing little machine, and it is very handy. It has just about replaced my desktop.

:)