1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

YAH the Census form is here

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by MrJim, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I didn't. I said you were misinformed. Two completely different things.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever. Like I said, if you want to fill it out, then fill it out. Just don't tell us what to do.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

JDF, its not Rev M or any of us who says you are breaking the law, the census form you will receive or have received (mine only came today) is waht says you are breaking the law. Its not an insult to your person that we don't agree with your reasons for potentially breaking the law by leaving out certain information. We simply don't agree.

Private vs inacessible. I'd say a mortgage was neither. Remember what I said. Mortgages are attached to your deed of purchase and can be accessed simply by name and property address.

Why doesn't the government just look up the numbers? Time. I don't know if you have ever seen a record room at the courthouse, but those things are big, full of paper records that have NOT been put into electronic form and are not exactly in any order, though an attempt is made to sort them by DATE of record first, then name. This is why title searches are so expensive. I spent hours running the title of a piece of family property that dated back to the original land grant, looking for where 2 1/2 acres had gotten off the record too, before I finally found that 60 years ago when the land had been inherited by two brothers in the family, they had described all the land (like 120 acres) EXCEPT those two acres).

I found every mortgage that had been again any piece of the property along with most, but not all of paid off records. Why? Some hadn't been paid off.

Mortgages aren't inaccessible or private.

4. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=65082

It may say that I'm breaking the law, but it is not illegal to refuse to answer questions the government doesn't have the authority to ask. If it were a lawful law, then they would prosecute people for refusing to answer.

Then let the government access them.

Well that's too bad. It isn't my responsibility to make the government's attempts to violate my civil liberties more efficient.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And the Scripture verse that shows how a believer should attack back is shown where?

6. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's in the same chapter that says that it's OK for you to call me a jack***.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And that would be where? I'm not saying that what I said was right or proper. I'm still waiting for Scriptural support since you're saying that what you're doing is right and apparently supportable.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

what scripture allows us to break the law whenever we feel like it?

9. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I told you where it is in scripture. It's in the same passage you use to support calling me a jack***, since you're saying that what you said is right and apparently supportable.

10. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What scripture says that it's against the law to refuse to answer a question that the government has no authority to ask in the first place?

Like I said, it may be illegal in Horse Cave, Ky, but it isn't illegal in Maryland.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Then apparently you don't read well as well:

There are some great shows on TV to help with reading and reading comprehension. Maybe check them out.

12. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Yeah, a guy can't even go to work, come home and look at his thread without it turning into a trainwreck...:tonofbricks:

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

oh my goodness! on multiple levels!

The government already knows I have a mortgage and can probably figure out for how much because of my income taxes - which are a ton more invasive than this form.

I know many of you home school, but the entire world isn't equipped for that and moneys are allotted to schools based on this info. Just one of the benefits of a census.

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I am surprised that I forgot to try "The Baptist Solution." (set down a bucket of fried chicken in front of the instigator and back away slowly)

15. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But money for schools isn't supposed to come from the federal government in the first place.

16. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

It is threads like these why I don't recommend this site to others. I would be embarrassed to do so.

17. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, schools do receive federal funding as do senior centers and hospitals.

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/why/index.php

And the constitution leaves responsibility for the schools to the states, but I believe the nation has an intense interest to supplement state and local governmental school funding to help ensure some consistency across the board. Federal funds contributed are less than 10% of the U.S. total school budget. It's my understanding that most of federal funds go to high-risk areas like Title 1 and special education.

18. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well then, there's another reason for me not to answer those questions. If answering those questions would facilitate their violating the Constitution, then that would make me an accessory.

19. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since this thread has turned into a debate, I think it should be moved to the news or politics forum. This forum is for FELLOWSHIP and some of us like to take refuge here when we need a break from the debates. I would not want to see my "fellowship" friends afraid to post here because the debates are spilling over to this area.

20. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

And yet another thread in a fellowship forum has been turned into a debate.

I seem to see the same name/names popping up in these threads.

Me thinks another thread like this will call for some action by the Administrative Council.

The personal attacks in the last two threads I have closed are more than enough to warrant a suspension.

Beware....
    Sue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.