1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yahoo Football League

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Convicted by the Spirit, Jul 6, 2006.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

:laugh:

I didn't even notice this one until now. :laugh:

2. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not checked on available space in the Yahoo league, but I also may start a ESPN one since they are now free as well. I have the ESPN Mobile phone and that would really make the league more fun. I agree with others about head to head league and live draft. Rotisserie is horrible and no fun at all and I am not saying that because I am in the middle of the pack in our current one from here...

3. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is the commish for this league? If you extend league to 14 teams, I can fill both slots immediately. If not, no problem since I am in too many other leagues as is...

4. Scrappinmommyx4

Scrappinmommyx4 New Member

AF you are welcome to join my league. I need a couple more teams.

league id: 161957

password: scrappin10

5. Convicted by the Spirit

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

wow 14 teams is a lot. That is going to spread out the talent pretty thin.

7. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

RE: defensive player vs team

quick question. How does drafting a defensive player verses drafting a defense change your selection? I have always drafted a team and not a player. So do you place the player lower in the draft or about the same place as you would a team? For instance last year in my other league Chicago went in the 9th round but I would think that even the best defensive player would not go until much later maybe 12th or 13th round.

What are your thoughts? Also woundn't DT's be more valuable than the other defensive positions?

8. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It all really depends on the league's scoring system. I am in one continuing Christian league that drafts individual defensive players and DL are usually worth the least while LBs and DBs are worth the most. As a matter of fact, on good days LBs and DBs can score as much as any player if they have a lot of tackles or they score a defensive TD. Just always look at the scoring system and see what every statistic is worth in point values.

Is this Yahoo league drafting individual defensive players? You don't normally see them in a typical league. Does the Yahoo league still have 2 teams left?

9. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I'm in - almost forgot to sign up - look out for the Dallas D Molishers

10. Convicted by the Spirit

I am really scared now! :tongue3:

11. Convicted by the Spirit

one spot left and its yours if you act now for 19.95. :) just kidding free of course.

12. Convicted by the Spirit

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

My draft is mostly by Auto pilot, so good luck and I suspect you'll be hearing from me after the draft, trying to make deals to get the players I really wanted!

14. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

RE:Championship

Well I got T.J. Whoseyamoma so I get the championship. :tongue3:

I kind of expected to find a few over here in the sports section talking, guess you are all :sleeping_2: .

thjplgvp

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I wish I could have been there to draft - I afraid the D Molishers are going to be d molished this year - all are avaliable - no untouchables on this team!

Next year, I suggest that we just chose one overall defense - trying to pick defensive players just muddies up the process

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If I would've known the league had been short a team, I would've dropped out rather than go public and have the language fiasco we had. I will be drafting some rules about BB sponsored Fantasy leagues for the future.

17. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I understand your concern Tom being the owners are comprised if not all at least mainly of BB people. But for my take (I work with with nearly all unsaved) what was said was very mild and I personally was not offended in the least I have probably mumbled the same sentiments in moments of frustration. I simply raised an eyebrow, shook my head, grinned and made my next pick.

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Halfway through the 8th round, I went to auto-pick. What was said? My brother (4Bears) is in this league and I'm concerned about what was said. Please let me know either here in the forum or in private.

19. NateT

NateT Member

I actually found it mildly amusing simply because the guy didn't know he was in a "Baptistboard" league. He probably thought he was just hanging around a bunch of normal sports guys, and that type of language would have been normal. The part I find funny is his reaction if/when he sees all other 13 teams are from the baptistboard.

eta: I didn't find the language amusing, just imagining what his reaction would be was what I thoguht would be amusing.

20. Convicted by the Spirit

Honestly I was not there to see what he said. I tried to contact him but he has his email unlisted in our league. I have posted a note in our league to keep the language clean and I hope he will take the hint. I have also removed his rights to send emails to other owners and post messages on the message board.

On the last day we still had 13 teams and needed one more. So I posted the league as public on yahoo. I honestly did not want a bye week in our league.

In every group a Judas will make its way in to the fold.