1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ye reject salvation by grace !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Yes, you base your salvation on what you have done ! Works !

Now back to this:

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said that I base my salvation on what I have done. My salvation is through Christ's blood on the cross, not of anything that I have done. I have faith that He paid the price for my soul. As it says in Ephesians, and which you agreed to: By faith through grace, and not of ourselves.

I asked the question: does not scripture say, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." You said that it does. I said that I have called upon the name of the Lord; and you now say that I base my salvation on my own works.

I merely asserted that I obeyed scripture -- which, by the way, was the premise of your opening post: Obeying the command to "come."

Either I obey scripture, or I reject it. Which would you have me do?

Asked and answered. Let he who hath ears, hear.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

don

Yes you did . Look what you posted !

Are you trelling me now that those Three things you stated you have done, had nothing to do with you getting saved ?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What did you DO to get saved?

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture says that we are saved by His sacrifice on the cross. Scripture also says confess with the mouth, believe, and call on His name, and you shall be saved.

I have obeyed scripture. Are you telling me now that I shouldn't obey scripture?

I have been straight up with you with my answers; yet you won't answer this one. Do we follow the commandments of scripture (per your opening post: "Come" and now, Romans 10), or do we reject those commandments?

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

don

So are you saved because of your obedience ? Because you did these things:

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I did not do anything to get saved. God did it all, then revealed it to me that I was saved by what Christ did, I was given Faith to embrace that !

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When and how did God reveal your salvation to you? Please share!

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats not important, Just know that He did !

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course it's important. You're basically telling us to reject Romans 10. If we reject that scripture, then we must know what the alternative is.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said in my previous message, we are saved by His sacrifice on the cross.

Now please answer the question: Are you telling us not to obey Romans 10?

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Sounds mystical, even existential, to me.

13. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

I agree.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Are you saved and or Justified before God by your obeidence, yes or no !

And no, I am not telling anyone not to obey Romans 10 !

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

don

You do not believe that. If you do, is everyone Christ died for saved ? Is everyone He sacrificed His Life for Justified ? Yes or No..

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please. I have posted nothing contrary to that, so your statement that I do not believe it is childish. Are you God, that you may know the hearts and minds of other men?

The truth of the matter is scripture: He died on the cross that whosoever believeth on Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. He sacrificed His life for those that believe; those that believe not shall not see life, but the wrath of God abide on them.

Obviously from scripture, the answer is not "everyone," but "whosoever."

But Romans 10 says "confess and believe, and thou shalt be saved"; it goes on to say "call upon His name, and thou shalt be saved"; then it explains that we can't call unless we've believed, and we can't believe unless we've heard. So why do you rail against what scripture plainly says?

#116 Don, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

don

If you do, is everyone Christ died for saved ? Is everyone He sacrificed His Life for Justified ? Yes or No..

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your question is not a "yes or no" question. I already answered; so either you didn't understand the answer, or you need to define what you mean by "everyone."

19. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

In Romans 10 Paul did not qualify the words "whosever shall call upon the Lord shall be saved" but simply stated those words in regard to preaching the gospel by men (Rom. 10:13-16).

God has not called you or me or anyone else to qualify the words "whosover beleiveth" but rather called us to preach that to those we share the gospel with. Nowhere, does the Bible ever qualify "IF you are an elect, this gospel is for you." I dare you to find such a qualification.

My point is that you more worried that the non-elect won't be saved that you must qualify what the scriptures don't qualify. Instead we are simply to proclaim "whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" and let the Lord save whom He will.

#119 The Biblicist, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

I share the Gospel here everyday ! And if one does not Preach the Truth's of Tulip as part of their Gospel, then they neglect to preach the Gospel.

The Gospel of God's Grace is to be Testified to as Paul did Acts 20:24

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

That includes Preaching Salvation by Grace, the Election of Grace Rom 11:5-6

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Paul Preached Salvation by being of the Election of Grace right there ! Yes, Salvation by being of the Election of Grace opposed to Salvation by works !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.