1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yeah, Mel Gibson!!!!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, May 13, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Film star and director Mel Gibson has launched a scathing attack on US President George W Bush, comparing his leadership to the barbaric rulers of the Mayan civilisation in his new film Apocalypto.

The epic, due for release later this year, captures the decline of the Maya kingdom and the slaughter of thousands of inhabitants as human sacrifices in a bid to save the nation from collapsing.

Gibson reveals he used present day American politics as an inspiration, claiming the government callously plays on the nation's insecurities to maintain power.

He tells British film magazine Hotdog, "The fear-mongering we depict in the film reminds me of President Bush and his guys".

- LINK

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Looks as if Mel is trying to weasel his way back into the good graces of the Hollywood elites. I read where at least one movie producer vowed never again to employ Gibson after The Passion. Sucking up to their political leanings is a great way to start.

'The chairmen of two other major studios said they would avoid working with Mr. Gibson because of "The Passion of the Christ" and the star's remarks surrounding its release.

Neither of the chairmen would speak for attribution, but as one explained: "It doesn't matter what I say. It'll matter what I do. I will do something. I won't hire him. I won't support anything he's part of."'

Link

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Or, Mel Gibson is simply telling the truth that so many of us see about this failed Bush administration.

4. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Sounds more like he was trying to sell a movie and yall fell for it. Way to go.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Why didnt he just use HISTORICAL EVIDENCE?

Sounds like Gibson is using his subtle ways to callously play on the nation's insecurities himself.

Cant chose a movie to see on a Friday night? "OH lets just go see what everyone else is watching!"

Koolaid anyone? ha!