1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Yellowcake' found in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

So you're saying that the Nazi war criminals should not have been tried at Nuremberg?

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Talk about tunnel vision...

If Saddam didn't have the yellow cake in 2003 then we had no reason to invade. We were not told they used to have WMD back in 91, we were told they had them at the time of the invasion.

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

The two situations you are trying to compare here are not the same. You have apples and oranges.

The Nazi criminals were tried for their war crimes after the entire (just about) free world had united in order to defeat a radical nation that had attacked innocent nations in a quest to dominate the world. However, when it was time to stand up and wage war agianst the Nazis did the U.S. seek the approval of the World Court to act, or did FDR seek the approval of the U.S. Congress?

4. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Not tunnel vision; rather, historical fact. They had yellowcake in 1991 and they still had it hidden in 2003 and refused to reveal its location and/or to cooporate with the UN inspectors.

Likewise, don't forget about the documented news reports where our military found shell casings that contains serin (sp?) gas, a nerve agent, which is also a WMD.

#24 Bible-boy, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If This Is True.....

Should this information prove to be factual, I have only ONE thing to say to all those Bushnayers...."Let them eat cake!" :laugh: I now give the floor over to my friend and colleague from North Carolina. The one who makes tents. I totally liked his comments. He was right on. There was no president worse than Clinton, In fact, time will show that Bush was a great president, as he somehow got us through 8 years without another 9/11. Of course, most Bush-n-ators forget that fact. :thumbs:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

#25 righteousdude2, Aug 7, 2008
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Historical revisionism. We were not told Iraq absolutely had them. We were given intelligence that would lead us to believe he did. But since he quit cooperating wth inspections and gave the inspectors a hard time Saddam went against the many UN cease fire resolutions. Sadddam broke the cease fire not the US.

#26 Revmitchell, Aug 7, 2008
  7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Just wait until the next wave of prime-rate mortgages begin to default. You ain't seen nuthin yet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/04/business/04lend.html

The first wave of Americans to default on their home mortgages appears to be cresting, but a second, far larger one is quickly building.

Homeowners with good credit are falling behind on their payments in growing numbers, even as the problems with mortgages made to people with weak, or subprime, credit are showing their first, tentative signs of leveling off after two years of spiraling defaults.

I seriously believe we're going to have bank "holidays" and runs on banks within the next 6 months. Essentially that's what happened when that CA bank folded.

8. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Folks,

This thread is about yellowcake in Iraq. It is not about who is/was the worst President or mortages etc. Let's stay on topic here.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Actually denial is the first resort of people who don't have actual arguments. To claim there is no evidence while you're standing knee deep in it is silly to say the least. :smilewinkgrin:

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course there's not.

Many might legitimately claim the war was unnecessary and based on faulty intelligence, but it is only in their minds that it is "illegal".

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Message force multipliers. Remember those? Pentagon propagandists got on tv and radio and lied to you right to your face and then got caught red handed and exposed and yet you still hang on their every word. Get real. That's just one drop in the bucket of evidence against this corrupt administration.

Let's not forget the 2 billion dollars (tax dollars spent) of fake news reports. And now this comes out.

Yeah, we can trust these guys to level with us. :rolleyes:

You're swimming in evidence of fraud and corruption and yet you still deny it.

Amazingly amazing.

#31 poncho, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's really amazing is that you have fallen for all this drivel, but put the odor of a good conspiracy in the air and Poncho will come running. ;)

The war is legal.

There is no counterpoint.

End of discussion.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I didn't think you'd be brave enough to argue substance. Typical 30 percenter. Run Carpro run! See Carpro run?. Run Carpro run! :laugh:

#33 poncho, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'll never know until you produce an argument that has substance.

So far you haven't. I'll be watching to see if you ever do.

What law was broken by the Bush Administration that makes this war "illegal"? That should be an easy place to begin and end your argument.

I'll be waiting. :sleeping_2:

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's a far piece from what we were talking about Carpro. What's the matter? Don't want to talk about how you were so easily taken in by the Pentagon's "message force multipliers" and the Bush administration's 2 billion dollar propaganda campaign?

Naw, I wouldn't want to talk about that either if I were a 30 percenter. :laugh:

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Do you know for sure they still had the yellow cake hid in Iraq or is that speculation? That was my question, where was the yellow cake from 1991 to 2003?

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Reading the actual articles posted tends to answer many questions but I will help you out:

18. North Carolina Tentmaker

I am always amazed at the selective memory when it comes to WMD and Iraq. Come on guys, you do remember the last 20 years right? I guess some of you are don't.

Iraq had and used WMD (not nukes, but chemical) prior to the 1991 action that I participated in. Yes, they used them against Iran and against their own Kurdish population. Yes, they still had them in 1991. Saw some of them myself.

In 2003 the entire world thought that Iraq had WMD that included chemical weapons and that they were close to a working nuclear device. You can chant "Bush Lied" as long as you want, all he did was repeat what the CIA was telling him, which, buy the way, matched what British, Israli, and every other intelligence agency was saying. Based on our current evidence they MAY have been wrong. But there is a big difference between being wrong and lying.

But let me ask you this, what if they were right? What if those weapons are in Syria or Iran? We know Iraq had the chemical weapons. We know they were working on nuclear, we just don't know how far they got. We know that they did not document their destruction like the UN had demanded (like the UN can demand anything). Perhaps their gone, perhaps not, we need to find out. Remember the fighter jets from Desert Storm. Every time Iraq got a decent plane in the air they defected to Iran. They are still there. What if Iraq's nuclear program moved to Iran? Their nuclear program seems to be advancing rather quickly.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't conservatives, at least on this board, feel nothing but disgust for the United Nations? Why would they want to do the United Nations' bidding?

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which according to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran has the right to do. There is no evidence that Iran has gone beyond the peaceful development of nuclear material as provided for in the treaty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.