1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Yellowcake' found in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Um, I would have to go back and read closer, but I don't think I said anything of the sort. Perhaps you can go back and read my comments again and see if I said anything about Nazi war criminals. I am pretty sure I didn't.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if the United States would take over every other nation in the world, then there would be a whole lot less wondering about the CIA's intelligence information. However, I don't think that we have a large enough military nor a monopoly on nuclear weapons to pull that off. :)

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

There are no arguments that the war was illegal.

Yes, it would be. And it is easy to see that we are standing knee-deep in arguments that the war was illegal. That's just a silly argument. You know as well as I do that the Bush-haters int eh country would have pushed that agenda long ago if they could. But they can't. So they leave it to gullible unthinking people in the public to perpetuate the myth. And some, like you, are way too easily persuaded with smoke and mirrors.

You talk about a propaganda machine while you are living proof of how it works. It plays on the fears of people and passes out a little information and people believe it. You have shown yourself to be a victim of the propaganda machine over and over and over again.

People in America don't think very well, if at all. They only believe that which plays to their biases. And then they pontificate about it out ignofance. Just pull up your own posting history and see how you have fallen for this time and time again.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Excellent POV - and might I add that everyone thinks the other guys are guilty and they themselves are not.

#44 NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ken,

Although you will most certainly continue to ask this rather silly question over and over again I will answer this question one time and one time only.

The UN Resolutions represent more than just the UN and all those things about it we disagree with. The international community recognized that Saddam had both invaded a sovereign country unprovoked and slaughtered hundreds of thousands of his own people through tyranny and selfish greed. It is a ridiculous notion that just because we disagree with the sick far left agenda of the UN in most cases that we are somehow compelled to oppose any and all resolutons with regards to Iraq. Implying such is just mindless drivel based out of a lack or reasonable arguments.

Ken much of the time whether I agree with you or not you tend to be a thinking person. Other times it is obvious you are pure emotion. The latter is the case in this instance. Addressing your question further it is clear you are emotionally driven when you insist that the US has done the "bidding" of the UN with regards to Iraq. That is just inflammatory rhetoric which has no basis. It is clearly inconsistant to suggest that the US unilaterally went into Iraq and then to suggest that we did the "biding of the UN". You cannot have it both ways.

#45 Revmitchell, Aug 8, 2008
  6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. :)

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Well said, in fact I wished I could have said this so clearly. The more I view politics the more I see the multiple sides to every story. There is the left side, the right side then there are many stories in the middle. I am beginning to wonder if there is any truth...

"Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." (George Louis Costanza)

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I knew I had recently heard something that made me question the OP article. That's why I kept eluding to "if" it was true. Please listen to this entire clip of Condoleezza two days ago. It was taped on 8/6 which was the day after the OP's article was released. She admits the intelligence was wrong and they "believed" Saddam had reconstituted his WMD program. She also repeatedly said he had them "before" but never says he had them at the time we invaded Iraq.

If the news released one day before her interview was true why doesn't she know about it?

#48 LeBuick, Aug 8, 2008
  9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

it's obvious from all of your posts that you prefer war to diplomacy. I don't agree with that and I don't think the Bible supports it.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ron and Linda was banned for false accusations. Kind of like yours.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

According to Fox News

The original article had you thinking the yellowcake just moved from Iraq to Canada. From what I am seeing, the yellow cake has been safeguarded since before the 1991 Gulf War. There is still no evidence of yellowcake in Iraq during or since this invasion.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What planet have you been living on?:BangHead:

I've known about the 500 tons in Iraq since 2004. There is no doubt that it was there during the invasion.

Safeguarded? By who? Saddam?
    It certainly wasn't the UN. They were kicked out of Iraq in 1998.

U.S. forces have "safeguarded" it since the invasion.

The story now is that it has finally been moved out of Iraq to Canada.

Yet you say "There is still no evidence of yellowcake in Iraq during or since this invasion." Your statement sincerely makes me doubt your sanity.

Maybe you misspoke and would like to correct yourself...

13. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/05/world/main4235028.shtml

The above article from CBS News makes it clear that the Yellow Cake came from the nuclear facility that the Israeli Air Force bombed in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War at the former Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 12 miles (19 kilometers) south of Baghdad. U.S. and Iraqi forces have guarded the 23,000-acre (9,300-hectare) site - surrounded by huge sand berms following a wave of looting after Saddam's fall [i.e. 2003] that included villagers toting away yellowcake storage barrels for use as drinking water cisterns.

The material had been hidden and stored in Iraq from the time of the Israeli Air Force attack in 1981 up until U.S. Forces secured the material in Iraq following Saddam’s fall in 2003. How do we know it was still in Iraq as recently as 2008? Because as the CBS article says the current Iraqi government sold the material to a Canadian company just recently. Thus, the Yellow Cake was in Iraq the whole time and is a documented violation of the 1991 Gulf War Disarmament Treaty by Saddam Hussein's Iraqi government.

Now do you still wish to try to maintain that the Yellow Cake was not in Iraq prior to President Bush's 2003 call for military action?

#53 Bible-boy, Aug 8, 2008
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/iraq.uranium/

500 tons of uranium shipped from Iraq, Pentagon says

Pentagon: U.S. secretly shipped Iraq's low-grade uranium dating back to Hussein era

Officials: U.S. military spent $70 million for the transport of materials to Canada

"Yellowcake" uranium transfer was requested by the Iraqi government

From Brianna Keilar and Larry Shaughnessy
    CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States secretly shipped out of Iraq more than 500 tons of low-grade uranium dating back to the Saddam Hussein era, the Pentagon said Monday.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Are you serious? The evidence that we were lied too and manipulated by the state and media is manifest PL trying to twist the revealing of this knowledge into some kind of crime against one man by his political opponents is quite honestly dishonest and will in time prove to be in vain imho.

You of all people should understand that by now PL.

This isn't about one man and his administration. We were all being manipulated by the state and media long before George Bush took office. This is about the systematic dismantling of a government of by and for the people to benefit a handful of people who do not deserve either our affection or gratitude.

Fact of the matter is that George W. Bush is just using the system built over a long period by many usurpers and their enablers. The belief that one man holding office or even the state being the last word in authority is naive. The bankers and lawyers have ruled over us since 1933 and even before. Even Jefferson and Jackson fought the fractional reserve banking beast. No the government isn't the top of the chain. No it's not about the Bush's or the Clintons though it may seem that way sometimes. No this isn't about petty party politics this is much bigger than all that. It's time to put those childish ways of thinking away and think larger. It's about thinking like patriots instead of wards of the state.

Notice that I haven't pointed my finger and accused you of being this or that in my post Larry? Can you say the same of your's?

#56 poncho, Aug 8, 2008
  17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still waiting, Poncho.

18. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Yeah, I'd like to see that question answered in a clear and lucid way with links provided to support the statements.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Church, honest I was at Church...

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll bet. I can see the response now..."Oh yeah? Well yer a dirty Bush hater, na na na na na na" :rolleyes:

I'd like to see you and Carpro answer me this Bible Boy. Is fraud against the people of the USA legal or illegal?

I'm still waiting for you to admit you were duped by the Pentagon's "message force multipliers" and 2 billion tax dollars worth of fake news reports.

#60 poncho, Aug 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.