1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Yellowcake' found in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yquote=Pastor Larry]Seriously? I take you have no response because you know what I said is true. And the best you can offer is some sort of silly personal attack about me being out of touch. Since you don't know me, you have no way of knowing that is true. And I have read enough of your posts here to know that your judgment on such issues is beyond illegitimate. You should not trust your judgment. It is far too flawed to be taken seriously by anyone, including yourself. So if you don't have an actual argument to make, then it would be better not to post.

You should feel sorry for yourself. You are the one who needs it. You are the one so tragically mislead as to believe anything anyone says without giving it any critical thought.[/quote]
    The readers can decide for themselves who's flawed and out touch of Larry.

Your being insulting and acting superior doesn't prove me flawed at all. It probably does go a long way to display how insecure you actually are in your political beliefs though. Having to resort to such low level tactics and all. Shame.

Personal attacks are your specialty. The readers know that if they've been around BB for any length of time.

You and Carpro are beat face it. Well crafted insults and stupidity isn't going to change that. It just shows how weak your arguments really are.

:rolleyes: Youse guys are beat. :thumbs:

#81 poncho, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I haven't insulted you or acted superior in the least. Perhaps this is indicative of the bigger problem however. Your seeming inability to process information and read things objectively is the reason why you are so easily taken by weak arguments. I am not the least insecure in my political beliefs. You know me well enough to know that I am not invested in this life and this age. Politics means little personally to me. It is an interesting topic of conversation, and that's all. Unlike you and some others, I am able to be more objective about it because I am dispassionate. My hope is not in preserving this country or any other country. So I view it differently than you do.

To my knowledge, I rarely, if ever, make personal attacks. At least I don't do it intentionally. But again, I think this is part of the problem. Poor thinking skills and too much invested in self-protection lead some to see simple statements of facts or opinions as personal attacks. That is unfortunate but it is result of the narcissistic, feel-good society we live in where people think everyone else's job is to make them feel good.

I don't buy that however. I think we ought to tell the truth, be free to give opinions, and not take ourselves so seriously that any disagreement is perceived as a personal attack.

I believe your posts give evidence that you are naive and that you don't think critically about issues. That's not a personal attack. If you disagree, that's fine.

I didn't know Carpro and I agreed on anything, but that's due to the fact that I don't read everything people say. So I don't really know what you are talking about. As for this thread, you have provided no evidence in opposition to my original assertion, and you unfortunately have tried to make this about me which is distracting from the topic.

Now back to yellowcake in Iraq ...

#82 Pastor Larry, Aug 9, 2008
  3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Bob and weave and dance in circles all you want. Anyone reading this thread can see who's being insulting and who's being stupid. Now we'll go back to your non story.

4. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I have done none of those. I have been very straightforward, apparently too straightforward for some of the more sensitive among us.

I imagine so.

What non-story? The story here was that uranium was found in Iraq, which was an old story. My comment was about the silly comment made by someone that the war in Iraq was illegal, which I suppose is a non-story, since there is no proof whatsoever that the war was illegal.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by poncho
    Is fraud against the people of the USA legal or illegal?

Still waiting.

#85 carpro, Aug 9, 2008
  6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was NO Evdience of WWII, either!

Ken - you need to remember, most Americans did not believe that Japan was going to do anything but meet with our President for diplomacy talks. Most Americans thought the Europeans were more than able to stop Hitler.

It may be true, that Iran has the right to develop nuclear material for peaceful uses, but, when their first mushroom cloud rises high above the skyline of New York, what will your thoughts be then? Will you be ready to post an apology to all those who died in the wake of that Iranian bomb blast, because these guys were secretly making for war, not making for peace? My Pappy always told me that the best offense was a stalwart defense.,,

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are assuming a lot in that statement, my friend. Do you really think that Iran can build a nuclear weapon and test it without anyone knowing about it? It's kind of hard to hide a nuclear test. Building a nuclear weapon that actually works and that is deliverable is not an easy thing to do.

Now if you want to talk about the possibility of a dirty bomb - a regular bomb with radioactive material mixed into it so that when it explodes it spreads radioactivity somewhat for a distance around it, then that is a much more plausible scenario - even without mentioning Iran. However, there would be no mushroom cloud and a way more limited amount of people would be affected than by a real nuclear weapon.

Also, I am certain that you agree with me that the United States government should not attack another nation without evidence for doing so.

#87 KenH, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  8. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Entering a discussion/debate forum and throwing out wild claims and accusations, refusing to answer simple questions, and refusing to provide evidence and sources amount to Trolling in my book. Since you can not or will not discuss/debate using long establish methods for debate (provide evidence and sources for your claims) I'll now be adding you to my ignore list (the first time I've ever used that BB feature).

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's funny. Why in the world would you think I'd ever send you a PM? :laugh:

I'm not going to go around posting links to supporting evidence everytime I make a statement. You all don't. So stop being so hypocritical and get a grip on yourself. Go educate yourself in the way the world really works. Then come on back and we'll have a real discussion about real things.

Besides. I've already told you once that all my statements are backed with thousands of links in thousands of posts.

Oh and BTW. I did what you and Carpro demanded...and see what happened. One of you ran away, and came back just long enough to accuse me of not doing as you demanded (which is a lie) and the other instead of offering any type of rebuttal acted like an idiot instead.

Some groovy "long establish methods for debate" you guys have. Insulting, demanding and acting like idiots. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll be seeing much more of this as time goes by and more and more of those wild and crazy accusations I've made in the past become common knowledge. I'm way ahead of your little curve when it comes to information Bible Boy. You all are lagging months and years behind me. And really there is no excuse for that. Other than laziness or apathy on your part.

Why aren't you accusing Larry of being a troll? He's the king of posting large volumes of deliberately offensive insults. Carpro does it too but at least he keeps his below 50 words. For which I commend him. Maybe y'all should pull that beam out of your own eye for a change ...eh?

And Larry before you go into another one of your long winded insults...everybody here knows how you are so stop pretending we're all to stupid to have figured you out after all these years.:smilewinkgrin:

Besides all that if y'all really wanted to discuss Iraqi "yellow cake" as bad as you claim you'd be doing that instead of wasting so much bandwidth climbing all over me. :tongue3:

#89 poncho, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
  10. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I have not insulted you and do not intend to do so now. I have never posted "deliberately offensive insults." Your assertion that I have is a indication of your failed judgment.

I think you are too in love with your own judgment, and calling people idiots doesn't help your case. The fact that people disagree with you doesn't make them idiots. To pretend that the "world really thinks" the way you do certainly needs more support than you have given it here, and I suspect you haven't given because you don't actually have it.

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Consider this my Brother...

What if Iran used an attack on Isreal, or the USA to test their bomb? That is posible, and it would knock you theory out of the ballpark, me thinks of course.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without testing Iran would have no guarantee that it would be successful and would open up the leadership of Iran to dire repercussions.

What are you suggesting, RD2? That we invade Iran today? If so, with what troops?

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nix any Iran attacks

No, I don't suggest we attack anyone else. We have limits, without a draft system in place, still, there will be a day, when Russia and China and Iran go after Israel, to meet their fate according to Scripture. I can only hope I'm around to see that final battle, because it looks to be a Summer blockbuster!

As for Iran and the nuke. There are ways to test, like underground, and who's to say that that major quake in Iran last year wasn't caused by such a test?

When it comes to WMD in Iraq....I've always believed had we simply went in without giving them months of warning, we would have found the WMD's. What Say You, Ken?

Pastor Paul

14. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Remember this we are the only Hyper-Power in the World

In relation to the Iran I mostly agree with KenH

Basics: United States of America = Hyper-Power(step above Super-Power)

Iran= Regional Power(step below Super-Power, two steps below Hyper-
    Power)

If a Hyper-Power can get a Super-Power and some Regional Powers to build a consensus and solve the problem then the problem will be solved.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Draft or no draft, I do not support invading/attacking another country without evidence. Therefore, I do not support the idea of invading/attacking Iran without evidence that it is actually building nuclear weapons.

2. There is no evidence to believe that Iraq had WMDs prior to March 2003 other than what had already been documented after Gulf War I.

16. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

It makes no difference if Saddam's Iraq had more/different WMDs prior to March 2003 or not. The point is they had them, including the Yellow Cake this thread is talking about, when according to the terms of the 1991 Treaty that brought about a cessation of hostilities for the Gulf War they were not allowed to have such weapons anymore. Likewise, there is no Gulf War I, there is simply the Gulf War which started in 1991, had a roughly 12 year cease-fire, then a return to hostilities in 2003 becasue Iraq broke the terms of the 1991 Treaty.

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

The distances some stretch the truth in order to justify an unjust war is amazing. They despise the UN until they can be used to support an illegal war.

18. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Bush haggled with the UN for months before the Iraq war, but you have no problem condemning it as illegal. What of the Clinton Administration's 1998 cruise missile attacks in Sudan, and a terrorist training complex in Afghanistan? Was that legal in your judgement? After all, the UN was not consulted and Congress was not even notified beforehand.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The United States government and the United Nations inspectors had 7 years, before the inspectors were kicked out, to get rid of whatever substances Iraq had as of 1991. Neither the United States government nor the United Nations saw to it that this was done.

20. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Iraq weapons inspections during that 7 year period were handled by the IAEA, not the US government. It may be legitimate to ask why the UN didn't oversee disposal of those 500 tons of yellowcake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.