1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yes, Another Wine Thread!?!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by richard n koustas, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

I have given Scripture over and over to show it is forbidden. Your evident bias toward all wine being fermented has you blinded to the truth.

If Jesus Christ Himself stopped on your doorstep, and told you the same Scripture I did and told you wine was forbidden, I have no doubt you would reject Him and slam the door in His face calling Him a liar.

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

What has RnK to repent of? We find our repentance in Christ Jesus. Are not our sins forgiven? We have been justified through faith in Him. By His Blood we have been cleansed.

Got to mow the yard now.

3. Diggin in da Word

Justification does not give license to remain in sin.

4. whatever

whatever New Member

Not likely - listen to what He told Paul:

Romans 14:14 - "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. "

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - I missed this thread and it looks almost the same as the OTHER thread!! Yikes!! Maybe that iced tea I had with dinner was a bit funky........

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Show me all of your scripture in this thread. You didn't answer me on another thread for you could not disprove. However you may not have seen. But this is here and now, so I ask that you give me your best shot.
    If He told me "wine" was forbidden, He would furnish me scripture, and ask why I didn't believe Him. I would praise and thank Him for coming to me to straighten out my misunderstanding. But He in His Word has already told me what I am to believe. "Wine" represents His Blood, so I believe He could be headed over your way.

I believe He would like to have a short tête-à-tête with you and ask a really pertinent question. He is good at letting us "hang ourselves". He would ask you who said they "watereth the hills"; who "causeth the grass to grow for the cattle", and who gives oil to make his face to shine, and bread to strengthen man's heart? Was this me He will ask you ? Answer if you will?

7. Diggin in da Word

your refusal to believe that that verse is speaking of unfermented wine and that Jesus would never condone alcohol in the life of a believer tells me you have not studied the Word of God with the intent to learn what the Lord says, but to look for excuses to drink alcohol.

Sad.

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

How can one justified remain in sin. The sin is not there anymore. Come on. Give the Blood of Christ a little more respect. He cleanses from all sin. Do you think He left some of yours so you can go around asking for more of His blood, because it was not enough to wash you clean?

He is not coming back to die for you again.

9. ituttut

ituttut New Member

You've got to be kidding. Did Noah get drunk on "grape juice"? You refuse to believe my Lord Jesus Christ.

10. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prediction:

Mods close this thread within 3 hours.

11. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Perhaps. But shutting out His Word is not Christian.

12. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

or they discuss it themselves over coffie & orange juice

13. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Okay...

Since you all do not seem to be able to debate the issue without resorting to the use of personal attacks and questioning your fellow Christian's faith this thread is being closed.

Yours in Chirst,

Bible-Boy,
    Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.