1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Yes, it is possible to reconcile all of the New Testament Scriptures

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Browner, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browner

Browner Member

Since almost the beginning, all humans have been born with an inherited sin nature.
    But, because of God’s great love and mercy, He devised a Plan to save some of them.
    The Word (i.e. God) came down from heaven, and became flesh, and lived on the earth.
    This “God-man”, the Messiah, came to die for the sins of the world and to redeem man.
    Gabriel said to call Him “Jesus (Savior)”; He came to give mankind many spiritual truths.
    Those who “believe”(?) in Jesus and His gospel (good news) message were to be saved.
    They would be reconciled to God, justified, and receive Jesus’ imputed righteousness.
    They would be sanctified (set apart) to be worked on by the Holy Spirit unto holiness.
    God’s grace (unmerited favor) made eternal life possible for some … for it is conditional.
    Jesus gave many instructions and commandments as part of His great gospel of salvation.
    These were to be followed to the best of man’s ability because of the first commandment,
    which says to love God with all of your heart, and all of your soul, and all of your mind.
    Jesus said those who love Him will keep His commandments. Does anyone get to heaven
    who does not love Jesus? Does anyone get to heaven who does not keep His commands?
    Those who “know” Jesus keep His commandments; this “knowing” results in eternal life!
    He who keeps Jesus’ commandments will bear fruit of eternal value, which will glorify the
    Father, but he who does not bear fruit is cast out, taken away, thrown in the fire, burned.
    Those who overcome “as I also overcame” will be allowed to be seated with Him in heaven.
    Believers are called to be overcomers … they are to overcome sin, the devil, and the world.
    All of this is about a continual action: a continuing belief-faith accompanied by obedience.
    In all of the NT letters written to the churches, we see warnings about the need for this.
    One of the warnings: believers must continue practicing/maintaining their righteousness
    (which reminds some people of Jesus’ warnings about hating one’s life in order to save it).
    Another continuous warnings to churches: habitual unrepentant sin leads to eternal death!
    E.G. Habitual unrepentant sinners are not allowed to inherit/enter the kingdom of heaven.
    And one’s belief-faith-trust-obedience must endure all the way until the end of one’s life!
    Having a true saving belief-faith is all about having the correct heart attitude toward God,
    and following through with obedience, for “he who does the will of God abides forever”.

• “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
    but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,
    ‘Lord, Lord’ … And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me,
    you who practice lawlessness!’ Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine,
    and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock …”
    (Jesus,
    Matthew 7:21-24)
    Notice the contrast between doing God’s will vs. practicing lawlessness (sin).
    Doing God’s will gets you into the kingdom of heaven.
    Doing lawlessness (sin) gets you rejected by Jesus.
    Whoever commits sin commits lawlessness; sin is lawlessness, as is all unrighteousness!

• “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you,
    will seek to enter and will not be able.” (Jesus,
    Luke 13:24)
    Years ago, I used to think this was referring to the many people of other religions!
    Now, I believe this “striving” refers to trying to obey the gospel and the commandments.
    Paul often wrote about his struggle to run the race and his hope of salvation.

All of the above is Scriptural … if you would like a reference for something, please ask.

Is all of the above from the Scriptures a pile of nonsense?

Or perhaps you can see how it reconciles the whole of the New Testament?

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I do, and this verse to me reconciles the whole New Testament and not only that but the Old Testament too!... Brother Glen

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

3. Browner

Browner Member

I would like to add this to the OP ...

Even though I don’t believe this little item is brought up in the NT,
    I ask you … does it make any sense?
    Unbelievers who sin habitually go to hell.
    Believers who sin habitually go to heaven.
    What is all this business about "God is no respecter of persons"?

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

The only reason anyone goes to heaven is by the love and mercy of God... For all have sinned... Brother Glen

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Define habitually. Everyday? Once a week? Once a month? Once a year? Every other year? Who then becomes the judge? We or God? And who can know for sure they are saved if the measure is habitual sin? And what defines the line to cross that might be? By grace alone through faith alone are ye saved........

6. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a believer sinning habitually. Galatians 5:16-22.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Define habitually.

8. Internet Theologian

Study out Galatians 5:21 and the word 'prasso' (Greek). Doing so should help you make a correct determination, hopefully.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    (Gal 5:21) "Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Have you ever done such a thing since you have been saved?

10. Internet Theologian

or sins
    No, not in the manner given in the text, so, no, I have not. It is obvious from your question you haven't studied out the meaning and the intent in the text given. You're implying by your statements that you think this is a simple committing of a particular sin or sins. That is not the scenario here.

As you study this out and find its meaning it may help you to understand that some theological camps believe it OK to sin in the manner of the text and be a true believer, believe this passage is talking of genuine believers, and also state these simply will not 'inherit' the kingdom, but will still 'go to heaven'. There are many here on this board who believe this fallacy which has been propagated by Chafer, Ryrie, Hodges and a few more men. You perhaps could also be modeling your theology after these men and not even realize it, thinking you've come up with this on your own.

#10 Internet Theologian, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So what are the two manners you see in these sins?

12. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In every instance the phrase "respecter of persons" is used in the scriptures it is in comparison of Jews to Gentiles.

13. Internet Theologian

That's not the matter at hand. Study it out. Apparently you're taking this passage and warning in a lighter manner than which it is intended. It is written to professing believers as a warning to them. It is a grave matter to understand this correctly and doing so will have an impact on your theological understanding and gospel.

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I asked you if you ever did any of these sins after you were saved and you said "not in the manner given in the text". What does that mean? Obviously you believe there are two manners of sinning.

15. Internet Theologian

The above only goes to show it is much easier, and, it is more highly valued to argue than it is for one to pick up his Bible and study the terminology and intent of revealed truth.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why does it trouble you to explain your answers?

17. Browner

Browner Member

Maybe there's a line somewhere down on the narrow path. lol

“… narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to
    (eternal) life, and there are few who find it.” (Matthew 7:14)

#17 Browner, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  18. Browner

Browner Member

Scripture proves to me that ...
    these terms mean basically the same thing.
    Can't have one without the other.

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eternal life/Jesus Christ is already possessed by the believer who has been born of God. So the narrow and difficult way is being in Jesus Christ.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All in Christ receive both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.