1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yes, ObamaCare Repeal Is Still In The Cards

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...ObamaCare’s problems have gotten so bad that a number of writers are talking openly about the possibility that it could be repealed before President Barack Obama leaves office. The Washington Post‘s Ed Rogers writes, “There is a chance Obamacare could be repealed in a bipartisan vote.” ”Would President Obama sign a death warrant on his own signature legislation? That’s almost impossible to imagine,” writes Josh Kraushaar, editor-in-chief of National Journal‘s Hotline, “but it’s entirely reasonable that he may not have a choice in the matter.” English: Dianne Feinstein http://bioguide.cong... Even reliable Democratic senators like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA CA -0.17%) have turned on the administration.

After President Obama won re-election, a lot of people wrote off the idea of full repeal. I disagreed then, and I disagree now. One reason is the fact that millions are losing their current health plans. Another is that people are losing coverage for their current doctors. Yet another is rate shock. All these factors are already causing a jailbreak among the law’s supporters. Add to them the litany of things that could go wrong after January 1. And let’s not forget the potential of Halbig v. Sebelius and similar cases to cause even more disruption by revealing the law’s costs to consumers, employers, and insurers. As I wrote in Harvard Health Policy Review this past Spring, ObamaCare’s effects “could be so catastrophic that vulnerable Democratic Senators and even President Obama could come to view repeal as the face-saving option.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelcannon/2013/11/18/yes-obamacare-repeal-is-still-in-the-cards/