1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

YHWH ALLAH

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jacob Webber, May 29, 2004.

1. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

I have an honest question please do not respond with anger. But I want to know why people think because a Muslim cause YHWH Allah(the word god in Arabic) some how it takes power away from God. It does not make a whole lot of sence. God is ALL POWERFUL how does someone not seeing the Threefold Aspect of God prevent God from being God. They have no power over God. So why have others said that because a Muslim calls YHWH, Allah and sees Him as one God with out a son, God has lost His power no man has no power over God.

And Christians who speak Arabic and Bible translated into Arabic use the word Allah for God.

2. Dr. Gerald Click

Dr. Gerald Click New Member

Many Christians accept the Muslim claim that we both worship the same God. They claim that they call him Allah, while we call him God. It is not unusual to hear Christian leaders make such statements. Bible societies have even gone so far as to use the name Allah in the Bibles they produce for Arab Christians.

Second, if you read the Qur'an's description of Allah, and read the Bible's description of God, it becomes obvious you are reading about two different persons. Allah orders his followers to kill those who deny Islam, while God instructs us to love our enemies. Allah had no son while God sent His Son to die for sinful men. Allah is "unknowable" while God seeks a personal relationship with His creation, man.

The spirit behind Islam is an entirely different spirit... a spirit that denies the deity of Jesus Christ. Any Christian who accepts the notion that Allah is God creates an impossible situation. Since the Qur'an contains our only revelation about Allah, they will be forced to look there as their authority. The Qur'an specifically denies the deity of Christ! All Christian witness ends right there.

3. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

(Any Christian who accepts the notion that Allah is God creates an impossible situation.)

So does this mean that a Arabic Christian does not believe in Jesus Christ because they use the word Allah which is the word god. Just because Muhamed had a misconception of YHWH does not mean YHWH stops being YHWH. Just because a Muslim does not see Christ does not mean Christ stops being. What than does a Arabic Christian use for YHWH.

I would like to add Mohamed no longer has a misconseption of God. He fully understands know the Trinity.

4. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Allah is about as much the God of the Bible as the golden calf the Israelites made in the book of Exodus. Go to: www.carm.org/islam.htm
    A good sight to look at all of the beliefs of Islam.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Jacob---Brother!

Answer the question

He who denies the Son(Jesus) denies who also?

Brother David

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

As far as the set of letters a-l-l-a-h -- they could refer to the true God, and Arab Christians could use that word appropriately, just as we use "God" without referring to Zues, Apollos, etc, who are also called "god." But a muslim does not use them in that way. He uses them to refer to a non-existent God. He rejects the deity of Christ who is God. Any person who uses any term for God without accepting Jesus Christ as God is not worshipping God.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You can correct me here if you wish, but "ALLAH" is not the term for God even in Arabic. "ALLAH" is a personal name of God in Arabic. There is a difference. Calling on God with that name means you call on the wrong god, a non god. If I asked a Muslim who is God they would say "ALLAH" If I asked a Christian who is God they might say Jehovah, YHWH, The I Am, Jesus and so on.

The question you asked is not correcxt. I know of no Christian who believes that because a Muslim calls their god ALLAH that God loses power. What we say is that the Muslim never receives the power of God since they call on the wrong god or false god. The fact that they make many of the same assertions about their god as does the calims of the bible about the true God makes no diffeence. They have another god which is no god at all.

I am assuming, and you can correct me is needed, that yo are suggesting that it makes no difference what a person calls God as long as that person sees Him as the one and true God. That would be incorrect. The name of God refrects his true being, and the name of the muslim god reflects a false god who has no power.

8. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Blackbird
    You can deny Christ all day long but it does not stop Christ from being.

(You can correct me here if you wish, but "ALLAH" is not the term for God even in Arabic. "ALLAH" is a personal name of God in Arabic. There is a difference. Calling on God with that name means you call on the wrong god, a non god. If I asked a Muslim who is God they would say "ALLAH" If I asked a Christian who is God they might say Jehovah, YHWH, The I Am, Jesus and so on.)

Just like the Jews, Muslims do not say the name of God it is against there belief because the name YHWH is so sacried to both of them. Because we are Christians and have apersonal relationship with YHWH thru Christ we know that God wants a more intiment relationship with Him.

From what I read the term Allah comes from the Hebrew word Elohim which is used in Genesis 1:1 and so one.

(The question you asked is not correcxt. I know of no Christian who believes that because a Muslim calls their god ALLAH that God loses power. What we say is that the Muslim never receives the power of God since they call on the wrong god or false god. The fact that they make many of the same assertions about their god as does the calims of the bible about the true God makes no diffeence. They have another god which is no god at all.)

Muslims call the God of Abraham, YHWH but they like the Jews believe the name is to sacried to pronounce so they use Allah just like Jews us Elohim and we use God sometimes. I have heard Christian state without clarifing that anyone who believes in Allah is worshiping a false God. needless to say this would not go over well with a Arabic Christian without clarification.

(I am assuming, and you can correct me is needed, that yo are suggesting that it makes no difference what a person calls God as long as that person sees Him as the one and true God. That would be incorrect. The name of God refrects his true being, and the name of the muslim god reflects a false god who has no power.)

What I am saying is that YHWH is the one true God in the Threefold aspect of the Trinity. The Muslim, Jew and Christian say that their God is YHWH and is the God of Abraham only the Christian say YHWH is the Trinity. It is like you before you came to know Jesus as your Savior you prayed and worshiped the God of Abraham, YHWH but not until you ascepted His son Jesus Christ as you Savior did you fully see God as His is. Were you praying and worshipping YHWH or a False god. Or were you worshiping and praying to the Real God but did not have an understanding of Him.

9. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

The issue is whether or not a person believes Jesus is the Son! If you ask a Lebanese Christian "keefek entah" - how are you, he/she will likely respond "nish chra'llah" - fine thank God!

If a CHRISTIAN calls God Allah so what? Our word "God" is no closer to YHWH than is Allah. The issue is whether or not the person is a Christian.

10. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Another Question that has crossed my mind is we know that at one time different nations turned to God or worship Him along with others my other question is what did they call Him in there language.

What did the Egyptians call Joseph's God YHWH

What did the Persians, Babalonians and Medes call Daniels God YHWH

What did the Romans and Greeks call YHWH

We know the Muslims call YHWH, Allah

I would find it interesting to find out. Than do a search for those names in History.

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Jacob, I think you are confusing a semantic issue with a theologoical issue. I am saying all this to try to help you out here and answer your questions.

It is not so much the name of God in this case -- yes, different languages have different names -- but the concept of who that God is. A French person can say Dieu (French for God) or a German can say "Gott" but if they mean the God of Islam, it isn't the true living God. If they mean the God of the Unification Church, it isn't the true God.

The pagans who rejected the true God had other gods. Non-Christians who reject the God of the Bible, that is, the Triniterian God who sent His son Jesus to die for our sins, are rejecting God no matter what they may call him.

Muslims are calling on a false god. As Blackbird so aptly put it, if one rejects Christ, one rejects the true God.

Islam was started several hundred years after Christ, but it rejects Christ as the Son of God and as the Savior. This is what Jesus said to people who believed in God but rejected Christ:

The God of Islam is not the God of the Bible, as has been pointed out here by others. The Islamic God bears no resemblance to the Biblical God.

12. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Marcia

What I am trying to get across is that Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship YHWH, God of Abraham. They all acknowledge that YHWH the God of Abraham is the One True God. But unlike Christians they do not have the right Concept of Him. This does not stop YHWH from being YHWH thou. You can worship the One True God YHWH but if you do not acept His Son your Worship and Prayers fall on a deaf ear. But you are still trying to reach YHWH.

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allah was one of the demon-gods of the Middle East, represented by the moon. It was chosen by Mohammed to be THE one "god" in his unifying attempt at monotheism.

Islam rejects all pictures, etc, as possible "idols". Yet the crescent moon, symbol of the demon Allah is on mosques, flags, etc. Makes one ponder.

14. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would Elijah have used the the term "Ba-al" to represent God if he had gone to Tyre to witness to Jezebel's family? Allah is not just a word, it's a different name for a different god.

15. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Without a doubt Muslims will say that Allah IS the God of the bible; thus they in a sense lay claim to the patriarchal heritage. To me this is neither here nor there - they do not KNOW Him. If they think their "God" is the same as my God then they severely mischaracterized God.

Now the middle eastern Christian is a different issue. If he/she calls God "allah" or Jesus "ay EE sah" so what? There is nothing wrong with that. We must realize that our English words are just as peculiar compared to the original names. Now there are probably plenty "plank in the eye" Pharisaical, xenophobic believers who will raise a big objection to this - but then that's just human nature! :rolleyes:

What would Paul say if he could hear some of us talk! Jaysus Chraaahst the Lowaard - now that sounds Jewish! [​IMG]

16. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Dr. Bob
    (Allah was one of the demon-gods of the Middle East, represented by the moon. It was chosen by Mohammed to be THE one "god" in his unifying attempt at monotheism.)

If this true than why do they call Allah YHWH by name. Granted Muhamed had a misconception of God. But one thing he did agree on is that YHWH is the God of Abraham and the One True God.

(Islam rejects all pictures, etc, as possible "idols". Yet the crescent moon, symbol of the demon Allah is on mosques, flags, etc. Makes one ponder.)

It should not make you wonder Muhamed had a miscoception of YHWH so you know he will not get everything right. But he did say Jesus (ISA in the Koran) would Judge the world at the end of time.

Pastor Greg
    (Would Elijah have used the the term "Ba-al" to represent God if he had gone to Tyre to witness to Jezebel's family? Allah is not just a word, it's a different name for a different god.)

No not at that time but I do believe David used it. Baal means Lord or Master.

#Ho 2:16 reproaches the Jewish church for applying to Jehovah, instead of the more endearing title Ishi, meaning "my husband."

It seems Jews used the term Baali in refrence to YHWH.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Muslims have the wrong god. he is only found in Jesus Christ.

18. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

He who denies the Son---denies the Father!

Muslim religion and Islam is anti-Christ!

19. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

The God of Abraham is YHWH the True God. The Muslims have a Misconception of God. But God still remains God.

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is not a question of God not being God, but the fact that the muslim religion do not have the God of the bible. Yes they claim to hav ethe God of abraham, but they also change His character to fit their own desires making the one they have not the God of the bible. The only way to the God of Abraham is through Jesus, not by calling on Allah.