1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yo, folks - for those of you who love blues!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Ruth, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Ruth

Ruth Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you get A & E. Right now I am sitting here listening to B.B.King "Live By Request" on the tv while posting this message. For those of us who really love good blues and jazz, this is a show NOT to be missed.

Mike McK - don't I remember you saying something about B.B. in the past? Seems to me that you are a blues fan too.

Ruth :D

2. Pete

Pete New Member

I'm not a big blues fan, but if that B.B. show was on the idiot box here I'ld put it on.

When I get the urge for some blues I play some scales on guitar until it passes. If that doesn't work I plug some early Clapton in the CD player, that does the trick [​IMG]

Pete

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Hey, Ruth,

Yeah, I love the blues. In fact, I've got Ivory Joe Hunter on right now.

I didn't know the B.B. King thing was on until it was mostly over. I tuned in just in time to see Jeff Beck. He was great but I just couldn't stay awake.

Knowing A&E, they'll play it again soon.

4. Ruth

Ruth Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pete - you are right, Clapton knew how to make his guitar talk. I have always enjoyed him and so does my son (who aspires to be a passable blues guitarist, among other things!)

Mike - yeah, Jeff Beck was really good. There were a couple of songs that he and B.B. played little offsetting "postludes" against each other, and it was amazing. I do hope that A & E has it on again - didn't have the chance to tape it last night because I didn't realize it would be on until we were flipping thru the channels.

My son and I watched this show together. Amazing that one musician can be a favorite of a 20 year old and a 50 year old both! A really nice evening for us.

Ruth [​IMG]