1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yos can't lose salvation!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by AAA, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAA

AAA New Member

Thanks for the book reference. I have to check it out. Theres not to many people out there that will preach holiness, and sinning not, because it is the grace of God that teachesnus to say NO to ungodliness....

2. AAA

AAA New Member

well, he was NOT achild of the devil. Was HE?

3. AAA

AAA New Member

Thanks...n/t

thanks..............

4. AAA

AAA New Member

Anyone that believe it can be lost is in trouble.....that's just my humble opinion...

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When did Adam "The son of God" according to Luke 3:38 become "uncreated"?? "unborn"?? "unson"??

Now back to scripture.

Let's start with Matt 18 and forgiveness revoked in that chapter alone OSAS is debunked.

then go to John 15 - branches cast out of the vine of Christ - in that one chapter alone OSAS is debunked.

Then go to Romans 11 and the reference to those who like the Jews would be removed from Christ and yet Christ is "able to graft them in again IF THEY do not CONTINUE in unbelief" - in that chapter ALONE OSAS is debunked.

Shall I go on - or is this enough to start some Bible interest in the "inconvenient facts" of scripture?

In Christ,

Bob

#25 BobRyan, Apr 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2007
  6. AAA

AAA New Member

test yourselves

Then why does the bible say test yourselfs to see rather or not you are in the faith?

7. AAA

AAA New Member

Then why does the bible say test yourselfs to see rather or not you are in the faith?

Then why does the bible say test yourselfs to see rather or not you are in the faith? or do you believe this command from GOD is impossible to obey?

8. AAA

AAA New Member

That is food for thought, but we have to answer the question of: Losing salvation, because we are to defend the faith. If a person could lose thier salvation then salvation by GRACE is false, and this is the reason why we have to give an answer to those teachers that would pervert the gosple of grace....

We can never lose it...AMEN!

9. AAA

AAA New Member

Funny...................lol

:laugh:

10. AAA

AAA New Member

Can a theif come in and steal the purchased item?

Can some one pluck you from the Father's hand? NO

11. Oasis

Oasis New Member

AAA
    DITTO AAA.

#31 Oasis, Apr 18, 2007
  12. gekko

gekko New Member

i know i have an assurance of salvation - i know that at the time i be pushin up daisies - that i'll be with my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

but i also know the following - what i posted before:

God bless.

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Help me understand your sorrow.

I am happily married to my wife. I trust in her and she trusts in me. We have a loving commitment with each other. Our relationship is based on faith and trust. It is not set in stone. If it was, and there was no possibility of losing the relationship, I might as well love a rock as my wife.

Now tell me why you would feel sorry for me when I cannot be 100% assured that our marriage will last a lifetime? I do not walk around in fear that our relationship is on the brink of disaster, and I have a full assurance that it will indeed last,……IF I keep my commitment to our marriage and my wife keeps hers. I still, inspite of the possibilities otherwise, rest in loving commitment to my wedding vows and again remain confident of our relationship. If you feel sorrow for me, your sorrow is unfounded. I am having the time of my life with the love of my youth! I love her!!

You inject a notion of being afraid of losing our relationship with the Lord. That is true in a sense, just as I am afraid, in a sense, that if I fail to keep my commitment to my wife our marriage could end, just the same I do not walk around in fear. I walk in loving obedience to my commitment, and trust in my wife to do the same. That is love, not worrisome fear.

When I drive down the road, I have a healthy fear of failing to pay attention to my driving, and that I could indeed have a wreck. Just the same, I do not turn my knuckles white holding onto the steering wheel thinking, “I am going to have a wreck! I am going to have a wreck!” Far from it. I try and think safety as I drive, and try my best to allow my full attention to my driving, the best that lieth within me. A healthy fear should breed caution and attentiveness. It is not a bad thing, but rather may serve to be the means by which I avoid an accident.

“Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.”

14. AAA

AAA New Member

Thanks for that food for thought

15. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

It sure does sound good, though!

And it keeps you from having to work hard and study.

16. AAA

AAA New Member

"A cop-out"...before anyone can prove that someone lost thier salvation, they must first prove that they had salvation in the first place...and that takes a lot of study on those that believe that they can lose salvation.
    Who would want to jump from the hands of GOD into the fires of hell? Those who do not believe (John 3:16 believeth- is in the present tense) in JESUS christ will not be saved, because all of them gave up the salvation of the Lord.
    It is not about nurturing your relationship with prayer and the SACRAMENTs that the LORD gave the church, Salvation is GOD saving a person by GRACE through faith in the shed blood of HIS SON Jesus Christ....No amount of sacraments keeping is able to save you...Salvation is by GRACE, not your works (sacrament keeping) Read Titus 3:5....
    It says: "work out" and NOT "try to keep our salvation", because we are kept by God's GRACE through the power of the HOLY SPIRIT and HE has sealed us until the day of redeemtion!

#36 AAA, Apr 18, 2007
  17. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

So, what does it mean to perish in John 3:16?

18. Oasis

Oasis New Member

Hope of Glory
    Hi Hope,

It means to go to an eternal hell that was not originally created for anyone but Satan and his fallen angels(demons).
    Read the next verse.
    "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." vs. 17 NIV

#38 Oasis, Apr 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When did Adam "The son of God" according to Luke 3:38 become "uncreated"?? "unborn"?? "unson"??

Now back to scripture.

Let's start with Matt 18 and forgiveness revoked in that chapter alone OSAS is debunked.

then go to John 15 - branches cast out of the vine of Christ - in that one chapter alone OSAS is debunked.

Then go to Romans 11 and the reference to those who like the Jews would be removed from Christ and yet Christ is "able to graft them in again IF THEY do not CONTINUE in unbelief" - in that chapter ALONE OSAS is debunked.

Shall I go on - or is this enough to start some Bible interest in the "inconvenient facts" of scripture?

One more point - "assurance of salvation" is not based on games you play in your mind about "people being unborn". According to Rom 8:16 it is a literal transaction and objective confirmaiton "The Spirit bears WITNESS with our spirit that WE ARE the children of God".

Talking yourself into something is not the point. In Matt 7 we see the vast majority "convinced" that they are saved when they are not.

In Christ,

Bob

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Matt 25:41?

34 ""Then the King will say to those on His right, "Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
    "For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
    36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
    37 ""Then the righteous will answer Him, "Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?
    38 "And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?
    39 "When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
    40 "" The King will answer and say to them, "Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'
    41 "
    "Then He will also say to those on His left, " Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire (everlasting fire KJV) which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
    42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;
    43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.'
    44 ""Then they themselves also will answer, "Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?'
    45 ""Then He will answer them, "Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.