1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured You’ve Been Catfished!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Obviously, the inane response proves Ut is an ESL student.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Protestant

The biblical admonition to greet each other with a holy kiss has been perverted by the blasphemous Roman Catholic Church.

To believe otherwise is to manifest a Catfished condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does the reader anticipate a rebuttal from our Wafer Worshipping Warriors?

Anything is possible from those Catfished.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The first two pictures of Pope Benedict and then Pope Francis greeting some females with a kiss has nothing to do with the "Holy Kiss" that the Scriptures speak of, they are simply kisses of greeting outside of Mass. The third one which you posted is obviously photo shopped ( look closely, the two men are in the foreground and imprinted over the picture of the congregants) and was designed to make our clergy look bad. Did you do the photo shopping? If so, you did a terrible job and it looks fake because it is a fake.

The fact is, you will stop at nothing and will stoop to any level in order to defame us and you should be ashamed of yourself.

#83 Adonia, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  4. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let us see who is the foolish one, shall we? Firstly, I never said I was a know-it-all as I learn new things everyday and the heretic of Turin whom you just pointed out is one of them and I thank you for the new information. No Catholic denies that there have been dissenters and heretics throughout the long history of the Christian Church. By and large they were small sects with little impact on the Christian community, with most Christians remaining orthodox believers i.e followers of the One Universal Christian Church and it's teaching of the sacramental/liturgical way of Christianity.

The first great schism that tore the Christian world asunder happened between the Eastern and Western branches of the faith. It should be noted that despite the split, both remained orthodox in belief and practice. Only when Martin Luther arose did the second great schism rear it's head and this was the one that really had an effect worldwide, with these resulting sects splitting and expanding like the atom, leaving even Martin Luther in the dust as regards many his most closely held belief's.

As for the heretic from Turin, he was rightly censured by Pope Paschalis I (817-824) and opposed by his old friend the Abbot Theodemir of the Diocese of Nismes. He was a small fry in the great context of Christianity and he was just a man who took his Puritanic zeal to the extreme.

#84 Adonia, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  5. Protestant

As I stated previously, anything is possible from those Catfished.
    Pope Benedict is kissing a boy.
    Can you say 'pederast'?
    An alleged celibate Pope Francis is about to kiss a grown woman on the lips.
    Can you say 'hypocrite'?
    Is that how your priests, bishops, and cardinals greet their parishioners outside of Mass?
    How many priests have you kissed on the lips?
    The photo of the two priests kissing tells us nothing new.
    Homosexuality is rampant in the RC priesthood. It is well documented by reliable, unbiased sources, including court documents.

Have you and your Church no shame?

The answer is 'no,' you do not.

What you do have are excuses that only those who have been Catfished will believe.

The sins of some people are conspicuous, going before them to judgment, but the sins of others appear later (1 Timothy 5:24)

• Like Like x 1
  6. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That means so much from someone used the term "catfished". Did your daddy/uncle teach you that?

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Barak.jpg

Here is the President of the United States. Like your picture, you can see this is obviously a photo shopped picture from beginning to end - a total fake.

As for your posted photo's, please tell us the date and time of all these kissing events. The person with Pope Benedict looks like a woman with short hair to me. It's her glasses and the white thing she is wearing that gives that fact away.

In the photo with Pope Francis, there is no mouth to mouth connection. She was about to kiss him on the left side of his cheek, while he will kiss her on her cheek.

And those two "priests" kissing, please tell us their names and where the photo was taken. The fact is like I said before, the photo is a fake. Clerical garb is easily available and what you see is either two gay guys dressed up like priests, or two priests from some homosexual loving Protestant Christian sect. Once again, I will point out the picture is photo shopped over a picture of a congregation and any 10 year old kid could see through this one.

So there, now all can see that your claims of any scandal are totally and completely debunked.

The fact is you are one sick puppy, a liar and a charlatan. If this is how you get your jollies you should seek professional help, because it is obvious that the love Jesus Christ offers and the way he says we should live our lives is not helping you one bit.

#87 Adonia, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is one of the most recent claims of Pope Francis:

ONE WORLD RELIGION: POPE FRANCIS SAYS ALL MAJOR RELIGIONS ARE ‘MEETING GOD IN DIFFERENT WAYS’

He says that while people from various global faiths may be “seeking God or meeting God in different ways” that it is important to keep in mind that “we are all children of God”. This is the most recent example that shows that the Pope has completely abandoned any notion that a relationship with God is available only through Jesus Christ. As he has done throughout his papacy, he continues to lay the groundwork for the coming one world religion, and yet hardly anyone seems upset by this.

This is complete heresy.
    It demonstrates that not even the pope is a child of God.
    The article is found here:
    http://www.infowars.com/one-world-r...-religions-are-meeting-god-in-different-ways/

9. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are aware, aren't you, that the eastern 'orthodox' churches do not believe in the Doctrine of Transubstantiation? Of course, that was not the reason for the split in 1054 since at that time the Church of Rome had not adopted it either. The word was not coined until the 12th Century. :D

10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Info wars? Oh yes, Alex Jones, the same guy who reported that babies were being experimented on by having gills transplanted onto their little bodies.

11. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes I am aware of what they believe on this issue. They believe in the "Real Presence" of Christ just as we do, except they do not attempt to explain how it happens by the doctrine of Transubstantiation - they simply say it is a "mystery".

So what if the word was not coined until the 12th century, that does not mean anything. As I said before, it is how the Catholic Church explains the "Real Presence" and if it took until the 12th century for this to happen, so be it. We are then left with the reality that some Christians accept this while others reject it outright.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He quoted direct from the Catholic News Agency. Here is one of its many quotes:

The video goes on to feature representatives of Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and Judaism, who proclaim their respective beliefs in God, Jesus Christ, Allah and Buddha.

Later on, after the Pope affirms that all, regardless of their religious profession, are children of God, the faith leaders state their common belief in love
    http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...esses-unity-we-are-all-children-of-god-39381/

I don't believe that anyone who believes such "doctrine" is a child of God himself.
    I don't believe Islam is a religion of peace or love, as he states.
    Anyone who sends their women or children into a crowded place to blow themselves up in order to kill and maim others is a fool and a coward, not a Christian. This is Islam. It is not love and peace. But some people, including the present pope are blinded to the facts and ignorant of the gospel of peace.

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

I got to get popcorn.......Please tell us the story of THE DAMNED SAMARITAN.

You got the gospel of peace? you just declared war against everything not like you.

You swear its "FAITH ALONE" and whine about everyone not DOING......this word is DOING things your way.

Islam Worships the God of Abraham.

Your approach to vilify everything that is not your faith is not the Christian approach. Paul approached Pagans and said "ITS JUST LIKE YOU GUYS SAY" you are children of God the very offspring of divine. He even quotes their scripture.

He quotes them BECAUSE HE STUDIES THEM. He studies THEM not a chick tract from the toilet.

14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Aren't all humans made in the image and likeness of God? Having said that, in this case I agree with you that Islam is not quite the same as Christianity, nor is any faith tradition that does not preach love (following the example of Christ). I am not a big fan of Pope Francis as he is more liberal than I would like our Bishop to be, but he now has the leadership position and that is that. In the end, we will have to answer for the path's we all take in this world and final judgement will be God's.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You tell it. I never referred to any such story. I will be waiting.

Every religion outside of Biblical Christianity is a religion of works including Hinduism, Islam and Catholicism. I see that you are happy to classify yourself among them. They do not have the gospel of peace, nor do they have peace, or the God of peace. They are lost.
    It is the Bible that teaches that salvation is through grace alone by faith alone in Christ alone.
    Any other message, Paul said, was anathema--cursed!

Islam worships Allah. Most people know that.

What about "Allah" and the origin of its name and the god itself. Learn about it!

What scholars say about the origin of the word "Allah":

1. It is not related that the Black Stone was connected with any special god. In the Ka'ba was the statue of the god Hubal who might be called the god of Mecca and of the Ka'ba. Caetani gives great prominence to the connection between the Ka'ba and Hubal. Besides him, however, al-Lat, al-`Uzza, and al-Manat were worshipped and are mentioned in the Kur'an; Hubal is never mentioned there. What position Allah held beside these is not exactly known. The Islamic tradition has certainly elevated him at the expense of other deities. It may be considered certain that the Black Stone was not the only idol in or at the Ka'ba. The Makam Ibrahim was of course a sacred stone from very early times. Its name has not been handed down. Beside it several idols are mentioned, among them the 360 statues. (First Encyclopedia of Islam, E.J. Brill, 1987, Islam, p. 587-591)
    2. "The verses of the Qur'an make it clear that the very name Allah existed in the Jahiliyya or pre-Islamic Arabia. Certain pagan tribes believed in a god whom they called 'Allah' and whom they believed to be the creator of heaven and earth and holder of the highest rank in the hierarchy of the gods. It is well known that the Quraish as well as other tribes believed in Allah, whom they designated as the 'Lord of the House' (i.e., of the Ka'ba)...It is therefore clear that the Qur'anic conception of Allah is not entirely new." (A Guide to the Contents of the Qur'an, Faruq Sherif, (Reading, 1995), pgs. 21-22., Muslim)
    3. According to al-Masudi (Murudj, iv. 47), certain people have regarded the Ka'ba as a temple devoted to the sun, the moon and the five planets. The 36o idols placed round the Ka'ba also point in this direction. It can therefore hardly be denied that traces exist of an astral symbolism. At the same time one can safely say that there can be no question of any general conception on these lines. The cult at the Ka'ba was in the heathen period syncretic as is usual in heathenism. (First Encyclopedia of Islam, E.J. Brill, 1987, Islam, p. 587-591)
    4. The name Allah, as the Qur'an itself is witness, was well known in pre-Islamic Arabia. Indeed, both it and its feminine form, Allat, are found not infrequently among the theophorous names in inscriptions from North Arabia. The common theory is that it is formed from ilah, the common word for a god, and the article al-; thus al-ilah, the god," becomes Allah, "God." This theory, however, is untenable. In fact, the name is one of the words borrowed into the language in pre-Islamic times from Aramaic. (Islam: Muhammad and His Religion, Arthur Jeffery, 1958, p 85)
    5. "If a Muslim says, "Your God and our God is the same," either he does not understand who Allah and Christ really are, or he intentionally glosses over the deep-rooted differences." (Who Is Allah In Islam?, Abd-Al Masih, Light of Life, 1985, p. 36.)
    6. Now there dwelt in Mecca a god called Allah. He was the provider, the most powerful of all the local deities, the one to whom every Meccan turned in time of need. But, for all his power, Allah was a remote god. At the time of Muhammad, however, he was on the ascendancy. He had replaced the moon god as lord of the Kaaba although still relegated to an inferior position below various tribal idols and three powerful goddesses: al-Manat, goddess of fate, al-Lat, mother of the gods, and al-Uzza, the planet Venus. (Islam and the Arabs, Rom Landau, 1958 p 11-21)
    http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-allah-pre-islamic-origin.htm

Obviously this is not the same God as Christianity.

He said that they were the "offspring of God," not children. He used the term in the sense that we are all created by God. They were not God's children for they were not born again into God's family.

What did Jesus say about those who were not saved:
    John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I study also, so is this an admission your tracts come from the toilet? What else shall I conclude??

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Every person is made in the image of God but that image is marred by sin. When that person is born again by the Spirit of God that image and likeness becomes partially restored. Baptism has nothing to do with this. When the resurrection of the believer takes place this image and likeness of the believer saved by grace through faith alone becomes fully restored.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

The Muslim does not believe the Bible. He believes that every word of our Bible has been corrupted and only that which remains in the Koran is that which is true. He does not believe in the deity of Christ, and therefore does not believe the same God that we do. He believes that Christ is only a prophet and that Mohammed is a greater prophet than Christ. How, therefore, can he be worshiping the same God, and be called a child of God when he denies the very one who makes him a child.

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

The Jews don't believe the bible with New Testament addition. He believes the word of your bible has been corrupted and only that which remains in the old testament is true. The Jews don't believe in the deity of Christ therefore does not believe in the same God you do. Some believe that Christ was a good rabbi, not even a prophet. THEREFORE, can any of the old testament and modern Jews be worshipping the same God and be called a child of God when he denies the very one who makes him a child.

^Same logic applied.

You went to anti-Islam website to tell you what Muslims believe. Did you go to a Nazi website to find out what Jews believe?

Jesus Christ is Jewish.

You know what go back thinking your the only child of God, and then GROW UP, your probably more right then you want to be.
    You let us handle the Muslims and Jews.

18. Protestant

[​IMG]

Tomorrow Roman Catholics celebrate the feast of Mary Queen of Heaven.

I ask our two wafer worshipping warriors a simple, uncomplicated question:

Why is it that Mary, who allegedly holds the title, ‘Queen of Heaven,’ not mentioned once in the many descriptions of Heaven given in the Revelation; nor is she mentioned by the Apostle John, who is the very disciple to whom Jesus entrusted her welfare while she remained alive on earth?

Certainly seeing Mary enthroned next to her Son would be reason enough for John to share such a glorious site with all Christians.

And would not the Holy Spirit, who inspired John's writing, also want to glorify her in the sight of God's people by making a point of mentioning her radiant beauty sitting on her throne as Queen, ever interceding for sinners?

#98 Protestant, Aug 21, 2016
  19. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think you might have things a bit backward here brother. We believe in the same God that the Jews believe in, except we believe that the same God was incarnated here on earth in the form of Jesus Christ. Both are still the same deity and the fact that the Jews reject Him (Christ) in no way removes them from salvation. They (the Jews) are His people and will remain so forever.

Our friend makes a good point when he says the God the Muslims believe in just might not be the same God. To believe that, one would have to believe that the words Muhammad wrote were true, that he was giving mankind God's words you know, all those things about how us infidels should be treated and fighting a holy war against us and such. We believe in a God of love and mercy, our Father in heaven, quite unlike the Muslims who see God as their master - there is no familial relationship between Him and them as there is with us.

Is this the same God? Only time will tell for sure.

Perhaps we should see the Holy Father's opinion in this area as somewhat of a mistake, even though I am sure he does have a good reason for his particular viewpoint.

#99 Adonia, Aug 21, 2016
  20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
    And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Sounds like the Blessed Mother to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.