1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You gotta love those Westboro Baptists?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Inquiring Mind, Sep 22, 2006.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    And many of the family members are lawyers ...

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Come on Joseph, you know it is much easier to throw out a blanket false statement and feel self-justified then just deal with the facts.:tear:

Bro Tony

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Unfortunately, this is the case.

Fred Phelps has never been part of an Old Baptist Church and has never been ordained by an Old Baptist Church.

His theology, aside from the whole homosexual thing, which he hardly ever deviates from, is completely contrary to Primitive Baptist teachings. His theology is actually more in line with Church of Christ, although I know that even they wouldn't have him or his teachings.

I am glad their church is not called Westboro Primitive Baptist Church. Just hearing them refer to themselves as such in interviews is enough for me without having to hear such heresy everytime they are mentioned in the news.

Fred Phelps is a looney who picked up our name (Primitive Baptist) because he thought it made him seem more legitimate and old-time.

I'm a little surprised their church has not yet been bombed. Can't say my feelings would be hurt if it was.

4. Bro. James Reed

Please elaborate. I'm sure most here would like to know how and if we relate to Fred Phelps on anything at all.

5. Bro. James Reed