1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You just can't make this stuff up!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    North Carolinians marching to protest voter-ID laws must present a valid photo ID to participate in an NAACP-hosted protest against voter-ID laws in Raleigh on Saturday.

The central claim among the protesters is that the voter-ID laws disenfranchise certain segments of the voting population, particularly minority voters and poor voters.

According to official NAACP flyers passed out at the rally, protesters must carry the precise kind of ID that they would be expected to present at the voting booth.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/08/n...-voter-id-law-to-show-photo-id/#ixzz2slKEPjf1

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here in Indiana, voters MUST show valid ID. I'm 125% ok with that, BTW. Photo ID is just anothet red herring issue to jump up and down over. I don't understand the problem here.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is dems want a larger voter base to include illegals. Not having voter id allows that.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

And they don't see the pardox in that?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Or the dead rising from the grave to vote. We had some of that here in Cincy and in all three cases, the judge should have thrown the book at them. One was a nun. The other was an election board member and the other was a guy who voted for his dead wife.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you trying to confuse us with the facts?

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure it is in case they are arrested (supposed to be peaceful) for whatever reason, but holy moly is that funny.

I get the theory why you would be opposed to ID's for voting, but it just doesn't seem to me to hold water.