1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You Won’t Believe What This Woman Found Inside a Used Bible

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 29, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A 75-year-old California woman had the surprise of her life when she picked up a Bible from a used book store. It wasn’t the words printed on the book’s pages that brought her to tears, but a note she found inside written in her own hand 65 years earlier.

Shurtleff had the Bible for a couple months and didn’t look closely at the yellow note inside it right away.

“And then I opened it up, and instantly I saw my name,” she told the outlet. “I recognized my handwriting. I hollered. I started shaking. I cried. I had goose bumps.”

The letter was written by her 10-year-old self when she was working to earn her merit badge for Girl Scouts, still living in Covington, Kentucky, which is more than 2,000 miles from where Shurtleff lives now.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...d-inside-a-used-bible-i-call-it-my-omg-story/