1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You'd think someone would get it at BP...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Jun 20, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Look, I'm not one of those nut cases that yell "seize BP!" I think the government has looked like power-hungry, yet incompetent buffoons in this process...mounds of paperwork, the coast guard stopping skimmers in Louisiana, Obama's bumbling around, etc.

Having said that...does anyone at BP have any concept of "public relations?" Good grief, man...multiple stupid comments per day, and multiple public relations blunders daily aren't helping their case.

Is it wrong to attend a sailing match? Not in and of itself...but we all know that we live in a day where public relations foul-ups like this one matter. A lot.

You would think a CEO of a Fortune 500 company would get that. He's either brazenly arrogant, or incredibly naive.

Maybe someone at BP...I don't know, a janitor, someone in the mail room...could knock on the CEO's door and tell him, "Son, you need to do better."