1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Youngsters treated to lxsbian 'wedding'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the school-sponsored trip, 18 first-graders -- ages 5 and 6 -- were taken to San Francisco City Hall to witness the wedding of their teacher and her lesbian partner. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the school's principal said the field trip was "a teachable moment." (see related article with pictures in the Chronicle) In contrast, Frank Schubert, one of the managers for the ProtectMarriage.com campaign in the Golden State, describes the school-sponsored trip as indoctrination of young children. "I doubt the school has ever taken kids on a field trip to a traditional wedding," he quips.

More Here

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

God help us.

:godisgood:

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This ir truly horrendous.

Let just hope that it will spur the family value voters of California to get out and vote.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't see where marriage is relevant to a 5 or 6 year old but I do think it will leave a lasting scar on their worldview. I would be outraged if this was my child. Teach them to read, write and figure but it is not the schools position to teach them the concept of marriage.

Heck, I'm outraged and it wasn't my child. What were they thinking?

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

They weren't thinking.

Or they were, and it shows the futility of some in the public school system. The fact that they cannot teach math and grammar and science I guess means we should punt and take them to weddings. Yeah, good plan. Maybe there are more countries we can lag behind in educational scores :tonofbricks:

6. North Carolina Tentmaker

Look guys,

If this were a traditional marriage, if the kids teacher had married a man, and they took the class to the wedding would you still be outraged?

This was "teachable moment." The problem, IMHO, is the content of what they were teaching, not that they took the kids on a field trip. Good reason to keep your kids out of government schools.

If we continue to live in a society that condones and endorses homosexuality we should only expect more of this.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Problem is, according to the article, that they never had taken kids on a field trip to a normal wedding.

This was to make a point.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Good point, I would not be as outraged but still wondering if wedding field trips is a good use of education time. I would still question the administration and make them explain how this is relevant. I can take my kid to a wedding on the weekends. I send them to school so they can become literate.

You also have the religious factor (or lack there of) to which this nation constitutionally guarantee's a freedom of selection. This area should not be taught or validated in a public school. That is why prayer was removed and why creationism is mentioned as a footnote if at all. This experience may influence how these children later plan their weddings and I want my child to be taught a wedding has God first complete with the music, prayers, vows and scripture of the Church. I want her to know what God has joined together, no man can take apart. I want God in the union. She may chose otherwise, but I want to say I taught her the Christian way.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If my childs teacher was homosexual they would not remain in that class to begin with.

10. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

It is also not the responsibility of schools to teach children their concept of morality since it includes showing them a homosexual wedding and therefore condoning the idea that it's OK for two people of the same gender to marry.

It's also not the responsibility of schools to pass out condoms to students, but I've heard of that happening.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To the contrary.

It was premeditated and their intent was clear.

12. Alive in Christ

Rev Mitchell...

I wouldnt go that far. A homosexual teacher can be as good at teaching math, english, geography, or history as a non-homosexual teacher.

I would want the best teachers doing the teaching, no matter how they live their lives...AS LONG AS they simply do their teaching job and keep their personal life completely out of the classroom.

No promoting anything, no flaunting anything, no advocating anything....just teaching the class what they need to learn.

I'd rather have an exceptional homosexual teacher teaching the kids than an average or lackluster non-homosexual....as long as they are simply teaching with no agenda.

Regarding the situation in the original post...that is shameful beyond comprehension. Unbelievable. May God have mercy on our country for flaunting those things that are an abomination, such as homosexuality, while also advocating child extermination on a mass scale.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I would disagree. A teacher teaches far more than his or her subject matter, especially to young children. There is no way to divorce who you are from what you teach.

I would consider myself a teacher. When I hear from students whom I taught 20-25 years ago they rarely talk about the subjects I taught them, but who I am.

I don't think simply not having an agenda is enough. I would have my children's teacher to be of a decent moral character as well.

#13 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
  14. Alive in Christ

Carpro...

From your signature...

And to think that that man could be our next president, and according to the polls, probably will be.

If I werent a born again person I would be very afraid. :thumbs:

15. Alive in Christ

C4K...

Sure there is. The homosexual makes a point to send no signals, give no hints, suggest nothing, flaunt nothing etc etc etc. If I were a teacher I might have taught for 25 years, but if I never once mentioned that I am a musician, then nobody would know I was a musician. I mean, they cant get it through telepathy!

And I'm sure it was all good. I can tell from the things you post and even you and your wifes picture that you seem like a neat guy. :thumbs:

But theres probably multitudes of things that your students are totally oblivious concerning.

What brand coffee you drink. What brand toothpaste you use. Your mother and fathers birthdays. The name of your best friend growing up as a kid. Theres lots of things they never knew because you never brought it up.

I'm sure you can tell by my posts on this thread how I feel about homosexuality. It is an abomination. (as is baby extermination) It should not be promoted or advocated.

But there is a difference between understanding the evil of it, and being "homophobic". Thats all I am trying to say on this thread.

Jesus taught the truth about sin, and sinfull lifestyles, but he was never "sinner-phobic" about it. He loved the sinners and didnt mind being around them. He welcomed them and made them feel at ease around Him.

The times He became angry and hostile were times such as when he encountered the self rightious Pharisees, and the religious ones making merchandise of the things of God.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I agree totally on the hatred far too often expressed - but I do contend that there is no comparison between my coffee preference and my sexu@lity preference. (Although I would have been the type that my kids would have known my coffee choice :) )

I would not want a h0m0sexu@al teacher for my kids any more than I would want a drunkard, a wife beater, or a murderer.

I taught history and government primarily. A h0m0sexu@l teacher would have a very difficult time teaching areas like this without their own bias coming through. My bias, as a Christian conservative, hopefully decent moral guy, showed up in my teaching.

Maths, okay, maybe I can concede your point there.

What about science where a junior high kid asks during biology class - "Mr ________ . I heard on the news that there is a g@y gene. Is that true?

17. Allan

Allan Active Member

Well said C4K, However not only that but what 'real' teacher does not desire to get into the lives of their kids and inspire them and mentor them.

A teacher is more than a specific information dispencer but is to be a both a leader and mentor to their students. Then the kids are having issues that can be noticed they sit and speak with student about whatever the issues are and given their own personal advise to help that student grow not only in their subject but life in general.

A teacher is typically one who is seen as one who knows a great deal not only about the subject being taught but also one with the wisdom to help in various problems and hurts.

So in truth it is not that a h0m0s@xual can not be a good teacher of a particular subject but that their influence as a teacher trancends much farther than the topic they teach.

18. Alive in Christ

C4K...

I would want the teacher to tell him the truth. Period.

And leave it at that. Just tell them what the truth is. Dont embellish it, dont glorify it, dont diminish it, just tell the student the truth.

Well if this were a perfect world, of course not. I wouldnt either. But we dont live in a perfect world. And the fact is that people drink alchohol, they hit their wives, and they commit all kinds of wrongs.

All we can expect them to do is leave all that mess at home, conduct themselves appropiately in the class room, and simply teach the kids well concerning what they need to learn...and not promote anything that shouldnt be promoted.

And I am VERY glad that in this country we have the opportunity to send our kids to schools that DO honor God and His scriptures as they teach kids all that readin', writin'. and 'rithmetic . :thumbs:

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I think we are on the same page :).

I knew that when I read 'real' teacher.

Good input, especially your last line. I suspect that a 'real' h0m0osexu@l teacher would be the same. Not is a vicious indoctrinal mindset, but having a real desire to impact students. I for one find it impossible to just teach a subject. My life comes through in illustrations and examples and real life stories.

That is why a Christian teacher could have a tremendous impact in a public school without every 'preaching.'

The problem is, as so perfectly worded in your post, that a good teacher is more than just a fact machine. In my example above, a h0m0sexu@l teacher is going to be convinced that there is a g@y gene because of their bias. I am convinced that there is no g@y gene. How do we both teach the 'truth?'

#19 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 20, 2008
  20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thanks for your spirit here. I appreciate a fair and decent discussion. My evidence is admittedly anecdotal, but I have yet to meet a 'real' teacher who can leave their own lives outside the classroom door.

When we get to that point, might we do well to just have teaching machines instead of human teachers?

For example, I still teach literacy at a centre for early school leavers. I am not permitted to share my faith there, but everyone knows I am a believer, as far as I know, the only one there. Recently we dismissed our students to attend a funeral. If they went, they were permitted to go home after the funeral. A few chose not to go and I jokingly suggested that they sign out to go and 'forget where the church' was. I got such stick (a ribbing) for being a preacher and suggesting such a thing. I don't see how we can forget who we are when we deal with students.

#20 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 20, 2008