1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your belief about the universal church is...

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Daniel David, Sep 10, 2002.

1. DocCas

DocCas New Member

It is called "The Age of Grace," or "The Gospel Era." (Remember Mark 1:1?) And it is "the rapture of the saints" not "the rapture of the church." All the redeemed will be caught up, not just church members. [​IMG]

[ September 11, 2002, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: DocCas ]

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Brian, I can't help you since I am not pre-trib. My doctrine of the church doesn't have to fit the pre-trib rapture theory.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My church has been in the process of updating our constitution (informally) for about two years now. The section titled “What we believe about the Church”. reads as follows:

“All people who have placed their faith (confident trust) in Jesus Christ for salvation belong to the body of Christ. Spiritual unity is to be expressed among Christians by acceptance and love of one another across ethnic, cultural, socio-economic, national, generational, and gender lines. The local church is a community of like-minded believers who gather for worship, prayer, instruction, encouragement, mutual accountability, and community with each other. Through it, believers invest time, energy, and resources to fulfill the Great Commandment and the Great Commission – reaching lost people and growing them into fully devoted followers of Christ. (Hebrews 10:24,25; Acts 2:42-47).

4. uhdum

uhdum New Member

The Bible at times though, so clearly states "one body" and "one bride." I believe that, as has been said, the "invisible church" is all believers.

Bless you, GrannyGumbo, you are a good, godly saint, but I have to disagree with you in that I think declaring that there is one body of believers does not necessarily lead to a "one-world church" or ecumenicalism. In one instance, you have people getting together regardless of doctrine and beliefs in ecumenicalism and making no distinction to those beliefs. That is what you and I find wrong. But the second instance is all believers who have been saved by grace being called "one body," "one bride," or even "one church." That's what I think is acceptable. You are absolutely right that the church is also local, however. I am a member of my local church and we all (hopefully) agree and worship in the same way (in my case Baptist). I cannot answer that for other denominations or even other Baptist churches. All I can know is my heart. But God died for the Catholic just as he did for me...He is the God of the saved Methodist just as He is my God.

Does that mean I'm going to join together with a bunch of different denominations without distinction in doctrine? No, I think Baptists are right ;) But any person on earth who receives the true way of salvation (through grace) is a member of Christ's body.

God bless :D

[ September 13, 2002, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: uhdum ]