1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your Favorite Tract & how you use it

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by vaspers, Feb 24, 2004.

1. vaspers

vaspers New Member

What is your favorite tract? How do you generally use it: to witness one on one, as a leave behind without saying anything (like placing it next to tip in restaurant), hand it out in mass quantities to people downtown or in the park?

My favorite tract right now is this: "Steps to Peace with God" (World Wide Publications--Billy Graham) and also "Connecting With God" (New Life Publications).

I also collect old tracts as an odd hobby. Man, I've got old 4 Spiritual Laws, old Bruce Dunn tracts, Chick tracts, and even 1979 Billy Graham sermonette tracts that fold out into 5 panels!

Any interesting stories about tract use? I'd love to hear em. Got one you'll love, but I shall wait a bit to hear what y'all say first. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I recall we've talked about tracts here before, and I'll probably get jumped on for this, but as a tract that I leave for someone to read, I like "This Was Your Life," by Jack Chick.

And before you all start in on me, yes I know that there are some out there that I wouldn't want to use.

As a tract I would use while I'm witnessing, "Four Spiritual Laws" and the FAITH tract.

BTW folks, if you want to start a discussion about the "certain evils" of Jack T. Chick, please do so in another thread!

3. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

My favorite tract is usually whatever I have handy at the moment, but this is because I don't have the $$$$ to get my favorite tract printed up though I am going to see my Pastor about the Church getting it printed.

I do though shy away from using Chick Tracts and any other tracts that promote the false gospel of asking Jesus into your heart. After all, we are told to believe (John 3:16) and we are told about those who recieve the free gift of God, and nowhere in Scripture do find anyone asking Jesus into their heart to be saved. If Jack Chick would drop that one part from his tracts I would have no problem with using them.

Jim

4. Servent

Servent Member

I have some of Ray Comforts Free Ticket to Heaven tracts, It say's if you dont need a ticket to heaven tear it up but you cant it's made out of some type of paper that you cant tear. then on the backside it gives the gospel message. It's real neat to watch people try to tear it.

5. Brutus

Brutus Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quest for joy: six Biblical truths from Desiring God Ministries, John Piper, excellent tract

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Teen Commandments"

I pass these out to my 7th and 8th graders who want them.

You have to be careful with this age. They are so paranoid about "coolness" and "being hip". :cool:

I bring them each year to math and/or science class and tell them that I found some "cool rules for being Godly teenagers". [​IMG]

I don't preach nor shout. I just simply read a few of them and we talk about them for a minute or two and I tell them that whoever wants one can get one from me at the end of class.

Most of them take one. [​IMG]

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O. [​IMG]
    <><