1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your First Impression

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Mar 8, 2011.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I'm really getting rich! I'll be able to retire from the mission field in style, soon! :laugh:

Seriously, none of the money from my DVD ministry goes into my pocket. It all goes right back into that same ministry. There is so very little good Biblical material in Japanese that I have a real burden for this. Most of my "customers" are churches (just sent off "Ecclesiology" today), but I recently had a Japanese Bible school teacher order some stuff to help him with two classes he is teaching. What an honor to help him!

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand what you are saying. You may be 100% right. I just want to give the man the benefit of the doubt, and consider that he may be doing a good work in his own way.

On the other hand, he might be trying to get rich with his materials. But I doubt that. What he is selling is not the kind of stuff you get rich with.

3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously, none of the money from my DVD ministry goes into my pocket. It all goes right back into that same ministry. There is so very little good Biblical material in Japanese that I have a real burden for this. Most of my "customers" are churches (just sent off "Ecclesiology" today), but I recently had a Japanese Bible school teacher order some stuff to help him with two classes he is teaching. What an honor to help him!

Not a thing in the world wrong with your efforts John and who really cares if you have some money left over? I listen to FBN Radio on a daily basis and ministries like Bible Tracts Inc., are free; If you request a copy of one of Oliver Greens sermons I think the cost is $6.00; The Peoples' Gospel Hour offers their monthly newsletters for $8.00 a year, as I recall. Many of the offers are either free or at minimal costs but, $189.95?..., all the while I need help now?

Obviously, I pulled up and posted the "wrong" website regarding this Baptist Church as freeatlast so adequately informed me of.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HAMel - Understand where you're coming from. It's a "sticker shock" kind of thing.

I personally know the man you're speaking of, have heard him preach, have visited his church, have observed his flock in both church and social settings.

Suffice to say, he's not getting rich off this stuff...and he does, on occasion, let go of his materials for much less than advertised.

As for the other point about being shown the website...well, I refer back to my post on page 2 about "graciousness."

5. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Don. Perhaps "Sticker Shock" is the best way to describe it. As for the man himself (the preacher) and the congregation there's no reason to assume they aren't a God Fearing Group.

If you know him personally don't hesitate to direct him to this thread.