1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your football Hall Of Fame candidates...

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by robycop3, Jan 5, 2006.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are YOUR top two candidates for the Football HOF? Let us not name such obvious candidates as Jerry Rice, as we all agree that those such as he are automatic choices.

I know we each have a whole list of players, past & present, whom we think belong there, but for the sake of variety, may we name only two candidates, and only retired players?

Mine are two local(for me)products:

1. Glenn Presnell(Played for Ironton Tanks, Portsmouth Spartans/Detroit lions 1928-36. Topped the NFL in FGs, scoring, 1933.)

2 Coy Bacon(DL, 1968-81, Pro Bowl 3 years..1972-76,77..had sacks been an official stat throughout his career, he woulda been the leader several years.)

2. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Richard Dent
    Reggie White

3. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

David "Deacon" Jones
    Fred Dryer

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Deacon" is a pro HOF member, elected 1980...Fred is a college HOF member.

Deacon is NOT a college HOF member nor likely to be, as his college career was unimpressive; Fred is not a pro HOF member, but could be, as he had an impressive 13 or 14-year pro career.