1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your Soul and the U.S. President

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by skypair, Aug 28, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Timely OP, eh? :laugh:

You know, most people don't realize how Christian-inspired our 3 branch government truly is. Every 4 years we elect a President to chart the course or "the Way" for our future. We vote for one or the other option -- just as we "vote" to either receive God's Way, Christ, or our own way, sin nature when we come under the conviction of the Holy Spirit. During the course of the next 4 years, the President tries to implement his "programs," right? He's basically like our soul. When we've chosen God and been saved eternally, we try to apply God's programs to our lives.

But like the legislature, there's a lot of "thinking," emoting," and "testing of wills" going on in our spirits. God's will doesn't always get done in this body or in our nation because a) we don't know the mind of Christ or b) we question "the Truth."

If we would just abide by God's "Way," we would have what our founding fathers envisioned -- "Government that governs least governs best." Our judicial branch would not have as many laws to prosecute and so many people (bodies) to "chastise."

Are you beginning to see the triunity of man and what it means in salvation? in sanctification? Truly our nation has been GLORIFIED by this arrangement that very much mirrors the working of God in each of us.

skypair

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Sorry, I think you are really streching it!

A lot of the founding fathers were not christians - they were Deists or Unitarians. Jefferson tore out parts of the Bible that recorded Jesus' miracles.

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He?

Do you at least see the parallels I mention?

skypair

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Shy;
    There is no parallel for me or my soul. God is in control of who gets elected not man.
    Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    I do not depend on the president for anything. I depend on God. Who ever our leaders are, they are because God chose them to be to fulfill His purpose.
    MB

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Sorry, no. I think you see the parallels because you are artificially putting them there. I mean no disrespect but that's what I think.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

A really big stretch, that isn't in the least biblical. Watch yourself, or you'll be rewritting scripture.

7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ummmm.... No.

None of the associations you made between biblical concepts and US government were valid.

8. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Marcia, I am convinced that our leaders are pulling the wool over our eyes. I believe that we are controlled by the Grand Design of modern man. It started as soon as our forfathers first landed in this country. It is called, Control, power, man's greed and is now in sad affairs by those who think they know what's best for ourselves.
    or THEMSELVES. Every new campaign for higher offices sound the great alarm and assure us that they know what we think we won't. They bomb us with popaganda in the form that They know what it is that we are a'needin' It goes like this, we need "CHANGE". It is getting so repitious and we seem to forget that we are no more in control of what is ordained to happen by these Men who take "Oats to uphold the constitution," but do everything but honor our constitution. Men who are invisable and never show their faces, but rather use their power by puppets who will do their work for them. When Will we ever learn??
    I am not referring to either Democrats or Republicans, or a third party candidates
    Just stating the facts.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Are you not describing the fallen nature of man? Man in his natural state is greedy, controlling, and selfish. Or are you into conspiracy stuff (which I'm not so don't try to convince me)?

Btw, welcome to the Baptist Board! :wavey:

10. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

marcia

What I am saying is: GOD has placed everything into his law of nature. He is greedy. Man has no fear of GOD until GOD calles him out of his depraved state. The poison of asp is under his lips. They have all gone out of their way. He is swift to shed blood and all of the rest of his condition, and the last one mentioned is: thereforth there is no fear of GOD in him. That is one thing I am talking about, but yes, I am a conspiracy nut. Things just don't accidentally happen in government. It is planned by bad people but you said that you didn't won't to discuss that so I will obey your wishes.
    Btw, thanks for you welcoming me. May GOD bless!

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Agreed. As someone who holds to the dichotomous view of man, it makes no sense.

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not crazy for conspiracies however anyone with a mind of there own can see that Satan has had a conspiracy against God ever since the beginning. I think we should all face it, conspiracies do exist and have always existed.
    MB

13. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

And I will give you a double amen.
    And I will give you a double amen.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

No, sorry ..

15. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

"All Men are ignorant on different subjects." I cannot fly an airplane, but I have the ability to learn how to do it.

16. skypair

skypair Active Member

OK, let's go back to the tabernacle image. Dichotomous or trichotonous? Or do you even see that?

How about this: Justification with God - Sanctification of the Spirit - Glorification with Christ. Do you want to be all three or is only two enough?

Or consider: "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." Do you want to be like Jesus or are Truth and Life enough for you?

skypair

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry, SP...I'm really not following you.