1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your Soul and Your "Mansion"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by skypair, Aug 22, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

I want you to imagine 2 things as you meditate on this:

1) Where is your soul right now? I believe it is "seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus." That we are "citizens" there, not here. Or is it here? Can we be in that place and this one as well? Perhaps that place is all around us in a separate dimension.

2) Think of this: Perhaps the soul is merely your "angel" in heaven. Think about Rev 14 and 15 where the 144,000 on earth and certain angels in heaven were the only ones who could sing a certain song. Isn't that what happens in heaven the image of what is happening on the earth?? When we read The Revelation, aren't we to see through the heavenly images (tabernacles, altar, sea of glass, etc.) that the kingdom on earth is being administered through the Jews??

What of the "angels" John tried to bow down to? They were "fellowservants" (Rev 19:10 and 22:9) -- same type "fellowservants" ... that must die as you have and we see in Rev 6:11 (IOW, human servants!), right? Question: are they still on the earth when they are showing John these things? or are they really in heaven??

How about the "angels" of the candlesticks (Rev 2-3)? They are variously reported to be the ministers of those churches. John is obviously writing to "angels" whose human counterparts are on the earth either at the time or at some future day, right?

What if right now there was a New Jerusalem in heaven not quite ready for us to move in?? What if our "angels" were presenting Jesus with the "gold, silver, and precious stones" (1Cor 3:12) that are being used right now to "prepare you a place, that where I am, there you may be also?" (John 14:3) What if certain of us were already "pillars" in the new city (Rev 3:12)?

Does any of this sound like an earlier heresy of the church? Cause I don't want to go there. But on the other hand, if there is some truth, I believe we should examine it so that we may "come to unity in the knowledge and faith of Christ," don't you (Eph 4:13)??

skypair

2. skypair

skypair Active Member

Probably the above needs further study of 1Cor 3:11-23. The "foundations" are obviously Christ and the apostles. How are you building thereon?

Gold - wisdom (3:19) - what's in your soul -- What is gold used for in NJ? The STREETS, right?! The way to go -- direction. OR perhaps you are building with wood. Wood? What did the OT saints sometimes resort to? Wooden IDOLS. Is that the "standard" of your life? Are they your "direction" -- your "streets?"

Silver -- thoughts (3:20) - what's in your spirit? Silver or hay? Well, here's an excerpt from another post of mine.

My thesis in that post was the NJ is actually "abuilding" right now! As there was a heavenly tabernacle equivalent in the OT times and in the tribulation (Rev 6-19), there is a NJ (Paul saw it in Heb 12:22) a-building in heaven right now and we are sending Christ the materials to build it with! Is that hard to believe??

Well, it's another thread. Ya see, I believe there is a parallel dimension called "eternity" and everything that happens here is replicated there.

skypair

#2 skypair, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008