1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your view on abortion

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Mar 29, 2008.

?
  1. Abortion is wrong.

65 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. Abortion is wrong only after 3 months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Abortion is wrong only after six months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Abortion is wrong only if the one carrying the baby thinks it is wrong.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. There is nothing wrong with abortion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other answer

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

As per usual, you're redefining the term.

"Murder" is the unneccessary taking of a life. One person is going to die. You can choose. No choice means two deaths, not one. That's not "murder." That's being forced to make a horrific choice.

It is sad that you could walk up to someone in such a horrible position and make unwarranted judgements about their faith, such as:
    • "You're snuffing out a life as if it doesn't matter."
    • "You don't trust God."
    • "You're a murderer."
    This is not like an "elective" abortion, or even one in which the baby is deformed. And I'm not saying what the right option is....I see that as a horrible decision that God will guide one through.

Another example: conjoined twins....an operation is needed. It will likely kill one of the twins. No surgery means they both die. Same principle.

Of course, I guess those parents don't trust God either. :rolleyes:

Sad.

I'm just thankful that the couple in our church had folks that loved them through this difficult process and showed grace to them as it was needed...I'm talking about people who have no problem confronting sin....but they recognized this was an area that was much more difficult to put into black or white.

Too many voices like yours would have surely pushed them over the edge.

2. standingfirminChrist

Choosing to kill that life that God has sent into the world is murder whether you want to try to justify it or not.

God did not allow the pregnancy just for man to ignore God will and take a life God was sending into the world.

It is voices who will not speak up and tell others that the child being born into the world is given by God ...that cause so many to murder that child.

#42 standingfirminChrist, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Fine....so now I'm justifying murder.

Three things, SFIC:
    1. I've never, ever seen you apologize or admit being wrong on this board. I doubt that is going to change today, so I concede. I'm a filthy murderer, and you are always right. Sorry I insulted your greatness.
    2. I cannot think of a poster who shows less grace than you. Please realize that if there are any human beings in your church, they are sinners.
    3. Taking off my sarcastic hat for a moment.....I know you will never admit it (because another phrase you don't seem to be able to say is, "I don't know,") but regardless of your opinion, you don't know everything. There are some ethical issues you might have an opinion on, but you aren't necessarily 100% on target. If you would couple that with some humility, you would be a much more approachable and pleasant person with which to interact.

However, I realize that since "I was wrong," "I might be mistaken," and "I'm sorry" won't be uttered, I've just wasted five minutes of my life giving advice to someone who doesn't want it, doesn't heed it, and won't listen to it.

Good day.

4. standingfirminChrist

rbell,

I don't go into threads I don't know anything about. That way I don't have to say I was wrong.

5. TLB

TLB New Member

*if* my husband was in that spot i know he would say "do the best you can to save both" and pray for the best.

if he made the choice you say you would make, he wouldn't have a help meet or children when i got better. i would not live with a person who could commit/or give the ok to commit murder.:tear:

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well, I guess if I need to see perfection, I know where to look. :rolleyes:

Do a word study on "pride" one day, and see if you learn something. :mad:

7. standingfirminChrist

Ya just can't accept the fact that abortion is murder, can ya rbell?

My posting in only the threads I know something about does not constitute prideful. It just means I am using wisdom.

#47 standingfirminChrist, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Do you even read my posts?????

Good grief, man. It's like talking to a stinkin' wall. I'm as stridently pro-life as anyone on here. (obviously not to you, but obviously you don't bother reading posts before responding).

I've called abortion "murder" twenty times or more. I give one very specific instance in which I explain my position...that when forced to choose absolutely between the mother and the infant, I would extend grace to that person.

And now, I'm a murderer.

Please take a remedial reading comprehension course. And yes, you DO have a pride problem. But hey, I know, I know....you're never wrong.

I bet Jesus is surprised to hear He has company.

9. standingfirminChrist

To take the life of a baby in any instance is murder. God gave the life, man has no right whatsoever to take it away.

No, I do not have a pride problem. I have a problem with those who think God will excuse sin in certain situations.

Jesus and I have been best friends since I was saved in prison in the 70's, so there is no surprise at all.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Would you not at least agree that the situation I have described is not anything like an elective abortion or a "this baby might have a deformity" abortion?

11. standingfirminChrist

deformity, elective, forced, or otherwise, it is still murder of a life God was giving to man.

12. standingfirminChrist

no matter the situation, I cannot say man is justified in taking the life of an innocent child that God has given as a reward according to His Scripture.

13. Joe

Joe New Member

FTR, I have never advocated a baby being killed because of a deformity.

My sentence was "Doc says there is something very wrong with the baby (fetus) it looks deformed and likely won't live to full term because of other issues." It was paired with the Doc saying the mother's life is at risk

If that is where this "deformity" idea is derived from

#53 Joe, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  14. rbell

rbell Active Member

So, by your analogy:

You, your wife, and your son are out for a swim. Your wife AND son begin to have problems. You see them sinking....you go to rescue them, but you are pretty certain you can only rescue ONE. You know in that second....you only have one shot to rescue either of them.

Who do you rescue?

BTW, you're a murderer by your definition. Or better yet, you shouldn't try to rescue either, and have faith in God.

Kinda stinks when someone uses your own logic against you, doesn't it?

15. standingfirminChrist

comparing the murder of an innocent baby to people drowning is not a good comparison.

God says He gave the child as a reward. How can anyone justify destroying that life that God has gave?

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Of course it's not. It messes up your system, and if you dwell on it, you might have to admit you don't have it all figured out.

17. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Next time you're in a car wreck I'll honk and wave on the way past...

18. standingfirminChrist

You must be a levite or a priest.

19. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Ah, quick, aren't we?
    But help me, did the priest or the Levite honk and wave? I didn't say I would drive by on the wrong side of the road...

What you're really saying is that the 'good' Samaritan was really 'bad' because he did not allow God's perfect will to run its course.

Incidentally, I am a priest, and I wear levi's all the time. I'd rather be a levite than a wranglerer or a carhardtist.

20. standingfirminChrist

Ya might want to brush up on your knowledge of that story. The priest and the Levite both passed the man in trouble... too prideful to stop and minister to him.

The Samaritan in the account? The Word of God does not say he was good. It says he was certain.

It was the certain Samaritan who was considered to be a neighbor.