1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your view on abortion

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Mar 29, 2008.

?
  1. Abortion is wrong.

65 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. Abortion is wrong only after 3 months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Abortion is wrong only after six months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Abortion is wrong only if the one carrying the baby thinks it is wrong.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. There is nothing wrong with abortion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other answer

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sorry you had to go through that. That must have been a nightmare situation. As you said, it is easier for someone to condemn what you did not being in your shoes. Thank God you had the wisdom in that situation to save your wife. Praying for you and your wife...

2. D28guy

D28guy New Member

StandingFirm,

And one cannot justify killing a mom that has been given, as you are advocating.

Mike

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

With that attitude, you should be thankful you have a husband at all. You should join SFIC's club of "classless posters"

4. standingfirminChrist

It is the height of presumption to think one can justify sin such as abortion.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and standing by watching your wife die is not murder? You do realize you would go to prison for that most likely.

6. standingfirminChrist

Wnen given the choice of one or the other, I will choose the child and I will stand by the truth that God said that child is a heritage from Him and His reward. I have no right to murder that child. If only one will survive, it would have to be that precious baby God has sent into the world.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...then you are admitting you will murder your wife, making you a hypocrite...and a murderer in that situation.
    I didn't realize you were a scientolgist now...

8. D28guy

D28guy New Member

StandingFirm,

And the wife and mother is NOT precious?

Babies are precious (and they ARE of course), but mothers and wives are not?

Mothers and wives are "2nd class", and EXPENDABLE...so its OK to murder THEM???

It sounds like you believe in REVERSE abortion!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mike

#108 D28guy, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Must we split hairs here?

This is one of the times that I think that the woman has the final say in what to do. Seeing that those that know have posted that the mother will not survive the pregnancy and highly likely that the baby will die as well, it should be her word and hers alone as to what should be done.

If I,a man, were to go to a Dr to have a life threatening growth removed and I was conscience with mental judgment to make a decision to my medical health, I wouldn't want some else making that choice for me.

I would trust that my wife would make the right choice. With what ever that choice is I will have to live by it.

#109 Palatka51, Apr 8, 2008
  10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

As the husbands, though, we are the head of home. I believe God has placed that decision for our families welfare on us. It is our responsibility to assure our family is taken care of.

11. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Agreed, however it is still the woman that has the life and death choice. I would let her make it and whatever her choice I would stand by her either way.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You would stand by why your child died AND your wife commits suicide?!?

13. saved and sure

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What should be the difference between a secular argument on abortion and a believer’s argument on abortion?

The difference should be that believers go to God’s Word for the answer. God has the answer for what to do, doesn’t He?

Unless I missed it, after reading through 11 pages with over 109 posts not one verse of scripture has been used to support anyone person’s beliefs.

I find it interesting that when this issue comes up for discussion, the Word of God is not mentioned.

If a non believer comes to this site to look for answers on the subject of abortion they see the same argument a non believer uses. Opinions mean very little in light of God's Word on this matter.

Just my thoughts.

In Christ,
    Dave

14. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

94% of the abortions performed in the world today are for reasons other than the life of the mother being at risk. The vast majority of instances can be qualified under "A woman and/or her partner decide they do not want the baby they have conceived." This is an utmost evil. Even in the more difficult 6% of instances, abortion should never be the first option. The life of a human being in the womb is worth every effort to allow a full-term birthing process.

http://www.gotquestions.org/abortion-Bible.html

Psalms 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

#114 Linda64, Apr 8, 2008
  15. rbell

rbell Active Member

As you'll note what I said earlier...the man in my church had to make the decision for his wife, who was out of it.

16. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

If my wife is given information that the child has no chance for survival I have every reason to believe that she would opt for the removal of the child. This is one of the few times that I believe that a woman must make that decision for her health.

Everyone on this board knows my passionate view regarding abortion. I count it as one of the most evil acts known to modern man. But in this case it would be her choice.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

No arguments here.

I'm pretty much with you here, too...but there are those very rare cases as described earlier, where it is an absolute "one or the other" situation. I repeat: those are quite rare. But they do happen. And that is the one situation in which I would not fault someone for whatever choice they feel God would have them make....because it is a lose/lose situation, medically speaking.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

And......your post is one of the 109 to use no Scripture. :rolleyes:

Just sayin'.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and what if she decides not to remove the child, meaning the child and your wife would both die? You would still leave her with that decision?

Why should this decision be your wife's to make? The Bible says that you become one flesh, and the decison to lead your home, including your wife falls on us.

20. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

And if you'll note that I referred to the fact that the woman would be conscience and have mental awareness. If in the case the woman was not able to make that decision then it would be the husband's decision. If it were me I'd have to choose that my wife would live. If there is no hope for the child. However, if there were hope for the child I honestly do not know what my decision would be.