1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Youth Abandoning Church...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by The Archangel, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It all depends on how one defines what an easy believism Gospel is though...

Some would see any non reformed church teaching that, others that any church not holding to LS doctrine teaching that...

I would say that it does not matter at all if reformed or not, LS/OSAS, as those views do not mean easy believe gospel is being taught and preached!

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Agreed. What is your definition? In these parts it is 'they said a prayer, and there need be no fruit evident of repentance, and it doesn't matter what they do after they pray, Jesus can't lie'!!!! Yet Scriptures show what a true believer is, and said do not live a lifestyle of sin and iniquity -- Matthew 7:23; 1 John.

I've never met any reformed individual or church which believes that any but themselves teach easy-believe-ism. That and you to this day do not understand LS salvation and continue to give your straw man mouth to mouth resuscitation concerning it -- and I say this in respect to you, but I say it frankly. You're point blank in error concerning it and what it means.

Possibly you're indoctrinated by the error that has come along the pike during the last 150 years or so along the lines of Finney-ism. Recall that not too long ago you embraced Amyrald-ism then left that school of thought, but, reading your recent posts bro I think you're slipping fast and regressing.

Contrary to the above, easy-believe-ism is preached and taught, and, preachers are in fact declaring persons on their way to heaven because they prayed a prayer. No fruit meet for repentance is taught, just simply 'believe or decide' (via innate ability) and all is good -- thus the many practicing alternative 'lifestyle churches' out there today and the vast amounts of professing believers who have not shown evidence of being born from above yet rest assured because a preacher said they were saved.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one! And I mean no one is preaching or teaching that anyone is going to heaven simply because they prayed a prayer. Such claims are just flat out wrong and most likely dishonest. No one is teaching that. Period.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Nope. You're incorrect as usual. Congrats. :wavey:

In fact it is taught here in our town, and it's taught elsewhere as well.

So contrary to what you believe in your mind others are teaching this contrary to your facade of alleged 'omniscience'.

But it's all good, I'll accept your accusation that I'm a liar knowing full well that your accusation is callow, unfounded and is typical of your responses. :thumbs:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well....what ever do you mean?

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOTM....:smilewinkgrin:

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would say that easy believism would be any pastor/church that taught that you place faith in jesus, and that you have him to ave you rom hell, and can just wait for the Rapture/Second Coming, no need to do anything further in order to become mor elike Christ...

My Church has the "invitation to receive christ" after every service, but we also make suew the person understands that submission to the claims and person of jesus just starts then, and will continue rest of their lives... they need to continue in the faith, go to church, pray, read the bible, and keep progressing...

MOST Baptist churches that I am aware of , regardless if LS/OSAS, hold to such as that...

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhhhhh.......yes they do. But that taint enough. Not enough and hardly any effort is made conserning really feeding the flock...I mean both spiritually as well if they are down on their luck.....and you know that ain't no church. Social club ....mmmmaybeeeee! :laugh:

Seriously bros....its gotta penetrate the soul.....the conscience gotta be renewed and God hasta come 1st. I see very few churches operating that way....and we are gonna pay an awful price for it.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some advice Rob....don't waste your time.