1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Youth Activities Ideas....

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by savedgirl63026, Feb 1, 2003.

1. savedgirl63026

savedgirl63026 New Member

Ok, this is a good idea. We have a fun time with our youth activities, what are some of your favorites?

Mine is a "polaroid Panic" You get a polariod camera and have a list of things to take pictures of in a certain amount of time. These were some of ours
    1. House # 349
    2. With a snake
    3. With a corvette. (I sat in one!)
    4. With a hat on.
    5. With a famous person
    6. Standing on your head in front of 7-11!
    7. Original.....

It's fun.....any one else??/

Jamie [​IMG]

2. Sularis

Sularis Member

Heres what my youth group used to do - they are all too old and mature to want to have childish fun anymore ;(

Starting off from younger to older events

Youth leader would go ahead of time, and set up a series of questions that the answers were all within the place we were at

We did this at our local airport - prices of things - last flight - total number of agencies, which store doesnt sell newspapers

Also did it at the mall

We also would do hide and seek at a place like a mall or in our church.

I remember a cemetery - clue following thing we did on Halloween - the older youth group hid in the graveyard and as we followed clues they would jump out and try to scare us

Bike trek to a major biking area and amusement park

The Fellowship of churches in area held a yearly conference - go to that as well as also held our own every year - when we got older we would also hold a canoe trip

we turned church into (major)minigolf - with a lot of duct tape and carddboard

swimming, sports, running a day camp, of course our church was an Awana church so I always went to Awana camp once i heard they existed.

Of course the mandatory all nighter New Years Eve - with bowling, skating

We rented a van and we drove several hours to a Christian center in Buffalo that had pool - mini golf, pool tables - gyms
    One of my favorite memories is the guys were in a van together, and the girls were in another lower van - every guy took their tops off, and we wrote on bristleboard that we were naked as we drove by the girls van - ahhh memories

But back to events - churches in area were willing to start up leagues in hockey and baseball - and volleyball and if not leagues - just have a day of friendly competition - with perhaps a concert attached.
    If you have drivers and white water rapids - we swam and tubed down the rapids near us

Also we had CB radios so we could do a car race - follow the clues to the treasure, or finish line

concerts - the whole she-bang - church youth group was my life and i miss it - darn responsible mature people preferring to go out getting drunk and dancing

If I ever get married Id become a youth leader so that everyone could have as much fun as I did - and that I could join in again ;)

3. The_Narrow_Road

The_Narrow_Road New Member

Hey, I am a youth leader and I'm taking notes on the ideas ya'll are presenting. [​IMG]

Also, you don't have to be married to be a youth leader. Make yourself available. It doesn't matter if you are married or not. But working together as a couple in the Lord's work is fantastic. [​IMG]

4. savedgirl63026

savedgirl63026 New Member

We also have a bigger or better hunt....
    You start off with a quarter and you go to people's houses and ask them if they can give you anything bigger or better than that quarter. Let's say they give you a dollar.... you give them the quarter and you go to the next house, etc. People have given old washing machines and everything that they don't want anymore. It's pretty fun!

Jamie [​IMG]

5. Sularis

Sularis Member

Ok narrowed here's the thing

One of my many major weaknesses
    lust

There is not the female leadership to balance unless I borrow a married woman - but that still leaves an avenue for lust - which i dont want to leave. Its why I stopped running and helping at my parents churches day camp - im a guy - I have a hard enough time controlling myself - Im not stepping into lions den. Mainly I go zombie or lost puppy if an attractive enough or old enough female starts paying friendly attention to me.

While the thought of actually pursuing a romantic relationship with a known 14 yr old girl makes me get close to vomiting. (Excuse me i was actually sick so im trying to avoid nauseous thoughts)

There are 14 year olds that dont look 14 years old - plus while I follow the 8 year rule
    Ive known very successful marriages that did 11 years apart - and I dont want to be a leader to someone that i could end up considering as a potential wife.

6. The_Narrow_Road

The_Narrow_Road New Member

At least you are truthful about it. I guess we all need to know what our weaknesses are, and not tempt ourselves. I'll be praying God will send you a sold-out Christian lady to become your wife and serve Him by your side. Or, give you the strength to do His will inspite of yourself.